Sign in to follow this  

what size tire you guys running

What size rear tire do you guys run on the yz250f stock is 100/90/19 anybody running 110/90/19? Will it fit okay?

On the stock 1.85 rear wheel I run the 100, but the 110 will fit just fine (the 110 should be used on a 2.15 rear wheel though)

On my extra wheel (2.15) I run a 110 and have even tried the 120-80-19 which also fits just fine.

I tried a 110 on a 2.15 wheel on the race bike.My son preferred the 100 over the 110 for the 250f.He said it seamed to corner better with the 100 rear tire.

FX - just bought a 130/80/18. IRC M5B

I run both sizes of M5B on the FX 2.15 rim. The 120 is the hardest tire I have ever pulled off the wheel.

The 120 size works great, still leans over and corners easy.

Also have an FX. Running the IRC ve33 110/100. Can't imagine running a 130! Unless this is a 450 we are talking about 🙂 I like them skinny

Edited by NW_drZ

Also have an FX. Running the IRC ve33 110/100. Can't imagine running a 130! Unless this is a 450 we are talking about 🙂 I like them skinny

The M5B 130 is equivalent to a 110. Similar to some of the Michelin sizing.

ahh thanks for the heads up.. I didn't know that!

• Like 1

I always run a 110 on my back wheel. Its really rider preference. I just like the traction it gives. I am not having any cornering issues but I could understand if someone did that they would stick with the 100.

I currently have a 110/80/19 M404 on mine. I ride MX and I have liked it. Unfortunately this size isn't offered in Dunlop and Bridgestone's new tire lineups. I had read somewhere it worked better on a 1.85 rim than the 110/90/19. The 110/80/19 fit fine on the 1.85.

Ckny clear your inbox messages, got a question for you

Ckny clear your inbox messages, got a question for you

Done.

There was a 120 on my back on the 250f..Since stock is 100 and all i could find was a 110, I got the 110.  All run fine but as was mentioned above, I feel like the smaller one corners better.  which makes sense because the tire isn't as wide.  

I have a fx. Run the irc m5b 140. She's a mother but it's a great tire for around these parts. Sure gets attention at the races too

• Like 1