Sign in to follow this  

RESTORATION PROJECTS-PART SOURCE

I am have been looking at several sites here and i read about all the old oem parts that people have bought for

there projects that are no longer made or stocked, I have been looking for some parts for a 93-94 CRE Honda for CR250R, lighting coil, front & rear lights, gear sets. These parts were imported from Italy to change the CR's to

enduro bikes, kick stand, already have the conventional Paoli forks rebuilt and installed.

According to Honda online parts, the 93 frame is available for $ 1,500.00, I have thought about switching frames on my 94, I believe the steering angle is better suited for the woods than the 94 frame, steeper. May be looking for a 93 frame also.

Have you tried Ebay?  Also try craigslist for parts bikes.  I have occasionally bought a whole bike for less than would have to pay for a part elsewhere.

I tried the steeper (less angle) steering (on a Suzuki) but went back to the original.  There are trade offs.  For me the one with more angle just feels more stable, especially in sand.

Edited by Weezer the Geezer
  • Like 1