Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket footpegs on 450X

Has anybody swapped the factory pegs for aftermarket?

A little background:

I'm a woods rider mainly. Going through recovery for a completely torn ACL and other damage. Foot slipped off the peg and connected with a big rock jamming and hyperextended my right knee. I don't know if it's in my head but I feel I need to change the factory pegs out for better grip.

Just wanted to see what you prefer.

Edited by Middle Diddle

I run PivotPegz on all my bikes, pricey but bloody good!

I've been looking at the Mark 3. The grip pattern is what caught my eye.

I use Pivot Pegz. I think they help me out on long single track rides. A little less leg fatigue.  But its what I'm use too. For some people that have never used a swiveling peg they may not like them.

After doing a little more comparing and reading the feedback, I purchased the IMS Pro. The design looks like it will keep the mud from packing in like others. Riding in the south, the clay is bad about collecting on the pegs. The IMS Pro don't have cross bars and pockets to hold the dirt. Ready to try them out but it won't be anytime soon due to the knee.

Fast way f3 great peg that can be lowered for more leg room. Big peg that doesn't slip after5 years.

X3 on the fastways. Check out the Air Ext, fastway work with ankle savers on these and they are killer Really nice to not blow out Achilles tendonImageUploadedByThumper Talk1454653597.484273.jpg

You can file the points sharp(er) on the stock pegs with a 3 cornered file, for better grip...costs nothing

just sayin'

👍

• Like 1

X 1000 on the fast way pegs. I have them on all my bikes.

X 1001 on the fastway pegs, and the name there, dude! 

• Like 1

I just took a file and sharpened mine up. Made a huge difference. It is a short term fix. But cheaper.

• Like 1

Stock Honda 2012 CRF450R pegs. Fit perfectly. Much wider. Durable. Relatively inexpensive.

Edited by StrangeLuv
  • Like 1