Sign in to follow this  

Giant loop great basin

Any of you blokes using a Giant Loop great basin on your XR?

Have the option to get one cheap & just wondering if it mounts O.K & does it cramp

the cockpit due to its volume...

yeah I know about the Coyote & Altrider & Moskos....so don't bother telling me about them.Its not about which brand you prefer. Its about the Great Basin....

Cheers!

I have the Great Basin but I've never used it on the XR. I have a Suzuki Vstrom and KLR650 I've used it on and have been very happy with it. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on the XR. Depending on how you mount it, it makes a great backrest.

You'll need to figure some way for it to have clearance between it and the exhaust, but that's true of any bike you mount it on.

IMG_0002.JPG

• Like 1

Cheers for that Trailryder....Ive read a bit about people saying you don't need a bag that big, but its too good a deal to turn down. I'd say its easier to cinch it tighter if its not full than trying to stuff enough into something smaller.

Cheers for that Trailryder....Ive read a bit about people saying you don't need a bag that big, but its too good a deal to turn down. I'd say its easier to cinch it tighter if its not full than trying to stuff enough into something smaller.

I agree, and you'll always be able to use it on a different bike in the future.

It's kind of like dressing for the weather. It's better to layer up, as you can always down dress, but you can't layer up after the fact if you if don't have them.

The GB is a honkin' bag for sure, but I love it.