Sign in to follow this  

Central Illinois to the Arctic Circle?

Anybody ever ride to the arctic circle? I've been kicking around the idea of taking a dual sport from central Illinois to Inuvik NT which is inside the Arctic circle. I know I should be taking a touring bike but I want to have some fun on the way up off-road. Has anyone ridden to the Arctic circle I plan on going in the summer but what kind of complications might I expect? Thanks in advance.

I wish I was young and adventuresome again ! Good luck.

It might be a good idea to have a pace car just so you don't get get stranded along the way. You may be able to find someone who will enjoy following along.

Anybody ever ride to the arctic circle? I've been kicking around the idea of taking a dual sport from central Illinois to Inuvik NT which is inside the Arctic circle. I know I should be taking a touring bike but I want to have some fun on the way up off-road. Has anyone ridden to the Arctic circle I plan on going in the summer but what kind of complications might I expect? Thanks in advance.

check this out, Omaha to Prudhoe Bay on KLRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kBWfegUhmk&list=PLA8KfE_jrc9mHGxg72RenkQDnKIt63wcp

• Like 2