Sign in to follow this  

What Size Is Best - 4 Dirt Bikes

I find myself with four dirt bikes for my son and I and when I am not using my 5'ver Toy Hauler, I would like to carry them on the smallest trailer possible.  Will a floor space of 5.5' X 10' with 15" railing be too tight.  I measured it out on the floor of my garage and I'm thinking it is if I don't want them "trading paint" going down the road.  Anyone know the answer from experience?

I find myself with four dirt bikes for my son and I and when I am not using my 5'ver Toy Hauler, I would like to carry them on the smallest trailer possible.  Will a floor space of 5.5' X 10' with 15" railing be too tight.  I measured it out on the floor of my garage and I'm thinking it is if I don't want them "trading paint" going down the road.  Anyone know the answer from experience?

Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor not a toy hauler, Kirk IMO, I would choose something larger, suppose a tie-down failed, and a bike came loose, you would need some room in there to clean up you're mess.3oy7d1.jpg

My buddy has a 7 foot wide trailers, I believe it's 7 x 12 x 6' high. It also has to V-nose to cut wind resistance. are you thinking about a covered in close trailer or just an open want to transport the bikes?

I was thinking open trailer as I can slide that up under the nose of my 5'ver in storage without adding more monthly bleeding.

Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor not a toy hauler, Kirk IMO, I would choose something larger, suppose a tie-down failed, and a bike came loose, you would need some room in there to clean up you're mess.📎3oy7d1.jpg

It's a good point.  I always double strap my bikes but I've seen on one occasion both fail and luckily the outside straps let go so the bike fell toward the trailer center.  Wasn't my trailer, wasn't my bike, wasn't my tie down job so that's all I can say.

• Like 3

I would look into snowmobile trailers. I have a 7.5 x 16 flat deck and it works great. You would think it's a monster but it tows great and it's pretty light. YO

Seems big enough to me. Two bikes face forward, to rearward. They will need to be offset because 10 ft is too short for end to end.

I carry 4 without any overlap on a 5 by 14 ft trailer. The tie down points are about 8 inches beyond the side of the trailer. There is a cross bar in the middle which puts two bikes in the front, two in the rear. The Honda always rides up front.