Sign in to follow this  

what exactly is need to swap 05 AOSS forks to 06+ SSS forks?

found a set of 08 SSS forks and shocks is it as easy as taking the 05's out and sliding the 08's in or am i going to have to switch triples trees and break calipers too

Did the sss forks come from a 250f or 450f/250? You'll need the triple clamps either way. If they came from a 250f you'll need an axle with the spacers, and a caliper. In 08 they shaved weight off the 250f by narrowing the axle and shrinking the caliper. Also, if it is from a 250f, you'll have to use the steering stem from your 05 setup. The 125/250f stems are shorter than the 250/450f but the head tube bearings are compatible.

Edited by desrider891

Did the sss forks come from a 250f or 450f/250? You'll need the triple clamps either way. If they came from a 250f you'll need an axle with the spacers, and a caliper. In 08 they shaved weight off the 250f by narrowing the axle and shrinking the caliper. Also, if it is from a 250f, you'll have to use the steering stem from your 05 setup. The 125/250f stems are shorter than the 250/450f but the head tube bearings are compatible.

from an 08 250F looks like ill need the clamps axle spacers and caliper

Yup, the whole 9 yards. Just did the exact swap on my brothers 04. Had to learn it all the hard way

Why? Have you revalved your 05 stuff? Swapping them isn't going to make the bike some magical unicorn.

couldn't agree more, after all was said and done there was hardly a difference. Plus my brothers 04 front end had been valved for off road. I think he regrets spending the $$$.

Like the other guys said above, if you are not happy with the 05 fork action, get a revalve.  I have an 03, and recently sold an 05, and both forks are at least as good as the SSS on my 06.  In fact, I prefer the 03 forks.

A reputable tuner will make it right.  My 05 forks were done by Factory Connection. My 03 forks were done by SoPro.  The SSS hype is unbelievable.  Ain't no magic juice inside---they 're just forks...

• Like 2

Like the other guys said above, if you are not happy with the 05 fork action, get a revalve.  I have an 03, and recently sold an 05, and both forks are at least as good as the SSS on my 06.  In fact, I prefer the 03 forks.

A reputable tuner will make it right.  My 05 forks were done by Factory Connection. My 03 forks were done by SoPro.  The SSS hype is unbelievable.  Ain't no magic juice inside---they 're just forks...

I have too say , as long I changed the fork oil often in my 2003 they worked well .