Sign in to follow this  

05+ YZ 125 Rear Shock

Does anyone know if the upper shock bearing sits against a lip or bevel on the resevioir side? Mine had no lip or bevel, and I was able to press the bearing out through the reservoir side. Is that normal...or is my upper shock excessively worn? There was also no circlip holding the bearing in place. However, there were 2 indentations around the circumference of where the bearing sits. I assume the circlip rests into this "groove" when mounted.

If the shock is excessively worn or damaged, I'm able to grab an 09 shock for under $100. Now I know that the 09 shock would be set up for different forks, so revalve might be in order. Hoping to hear good news on question above as I don't want to $pend a fortune on this bike!

This is my first yz...so any help is appreciated!

There should have been a circlip on one side of the bearing.... unless someone had a dumbass moment like me and pressed it out over the clip. Either way shouldnt be to much of a problem as long as the bearing doesnt just fall in. If your worried maybe put a little locktite on the race.

Thanks for reply. The po must have decided against installing the circlips. I did install new clips when I replaced bearing. Should be good to go! Now if only I had a place to ride up here in ma. Everything is closed due to "poor conditions". Guess I'll be sticking to bog roads for a few more weeks!

• Like 1