Sign in to follow this  

2007 Two Fifty shock and fork oil weight? Ti spring?

I have an '07 YZ250 I bought back in July from an older guy, clean bike seemed like it was low hours. I've put about 15 hours on it so far and she runs great no issues.

This past week I took the bike to bare frame for a good cleaning and some maintenance.

My next step is suspenion service, I want to change all the fluids, replace the rear shock bumper and get everything stock. I've done plenty of open bath forks but never opened a set of twin chamber forks or rear shock. I watched the RockyMountain videos and purchased the correct tools so I'm feeling confident.

Here's my question: What is the stock oil weight for the rear shock and forks and how many quarts should I order? Also did the 2007 YZ250 come quipped with a Ti shock spring? And finally Did the '07 come stock with fat bars? I've read they did but my bike has 7/8 Renthal and I'm 100% sure the bike is a 2007 according to the Title and VIN.

Yea the 07 came with Protaper bars,

The frt forks use kyb 01 oil

The shock also uses kyb oil but it's a deferent wt oil, both of witch you can get from yamaha, also the correct ammnt to use

The 2007 YZ250 came stock with a 4.9kg/mm Titanum spring.

(if unsure, a magnet doesn't stick to it)

The Ti springs on the 125/250 were replaced by a regular steel spring around 2013.

Edited by mlatour

Thank you for the help guys. My spring is definitely Ti, the handle bars have me a little confused tho why it has the 7/8 Renthal. The top tripple has removable bar clamps tho, did the '06 have that too?

Unfortunately the dirt bike just got put on hold. I got into a motorcycle accident on Tuesday night, someone pulled out in front of me when I was riding my street bike. The bike is totally destroyed, I got all messed up but somehow I didn't die or loose any limbs. I can't wait to get back on the dirtbike.

Glad to hear you didn't get hurt.

Take the time off riding to exercise, come back to dirtbiking in even better shape.

Every once in a while I debate if I should get my street motorcycle license and buy a dual-sport I could ride from home

instead of buying a dedicated trail/enduro bike that I still would have to trailer to riding spots / trails.

Stories like these and everyday seeing automobile drivers distracted by their cell phones keep telling me to stay off-road.

As I often say to friends, I feel safer riding on an MX track even with riders jumping / landing next to me,

at least everyone is concentrated on what they are doing and all going in the same direction with no risk of head-on crashes.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

I know the 2007 yz250f bar mounts are removable. So there is a chance the previous owner switched it out.

Are you 100% positive they are 7/8" and not Renthal Twinwalls?