Sign in to follow this  

2011 450r HELP PLEASE

Hi guys,

So first off is like to say thank you for viewing this. Now to my problem. One day I was out riding and my bike completely just shut off on me out of nowhere and I opened up my gas cap and there was barely any fuel in there so I topped her off and still wouldn't start after kicking for what seemed for ever, And still didn't start. I towed her back in and took it to the dealership and they called me and told me that they just disconnected the on/off switch and connected it back in and she fired right up. I asked them to diagnose it by connecting the ecm to their computer system to see what codes it was throwing and they told me they didn't have the harness for my year to connect it to their systems. BS if you ask me.. So they told me they were going to order it and it still hasn't come in and it has been weeks now. So I got my bike back and went out riding hoping it wouldn't do it again.. Well it did.. So out on the track I took off the right shroud and disconnected the on/off switch and kicked her over once and she started right back up. So I connected the switch back and started riding again. I'm wondering if any of you guys have had this problem and how you fixed it. My on/off switch isn't throwing any codes either so I have no idea what's going on.. I want to fix this but have no idea where to start and don't want to start buying things that won't solve the problem as electrical components to these bikes are pricey!

Sorry for the long post but I wanted you guys to know exactly what's going on. Thanks again.