Sign in to follow this  

ktm freeride 250 r

thinking of buying new or used ktm freeride 250 r. anybody here ridden or have one of these? it seems like the perfect weight, height and performance for me.

Edited by rmccreary

What type of riding are you doing? I rode one and wasn't real thrilled with it.

mountain trails no mx style i was hoping with the less powerful 250 ill save on gas vs the mx 250 bikes. looking for a bike that is lightweight, short and more agile and has just enough power to get me out of heavy crap. if weight and height wasnt an issue ill go with a 450 four stroke or the more powerful 2strokes

mountain trails no mx style i was hoping with the less powerful 250 ill save on gas vs the mx 250 bikes. looking for a bike that is lightweight, short and more agile and has just enough power to get me out of heavy crap. if weight and height wasnt an issue ill go with a 450 four stroke or the more powerful 2strokes

They get good gas mileage but have small tanks, I don't think there is an aftermarket option yet either. I would also look at a Beta xtrainer, it's more enduro oriented than the freeride. IMO, the Freeride I tried, had the same negative qualities for trail riding that my trials bike does. Things like the suspension and gear spacing aren't very good for trail riding, and it doesn't have near the capabilities of a competition trials bike. I think the market for the Freeride is an enduro bike rider who wants to fool around on rocks, logs, and other obstacles, but has an aversion to trials bikes.

It's easier said than done, but try to see if you can try one out somewhere. What may not work for me, might work for you...

Edited by Sierra_rider

They get good gas mileage but have small tanks, I don't think there is an aftermarket option yet either. I would also look at a Beta xtrainer, it's more enduro oriented than the freeride. IMO, the Freeride I tried, had the same negative qualities for trail riding that my trials bike does. Things like the suspension and gear spacing aren't very good for trail riding, and it doesn't have near the capabilities of a competition trials bike. I think the market for the Freeride is an enduro bike rider who wants to fool around on rocks, logs, and other obstacles, but has an aversion to trials bikes.

It's easier said than done, but try to see if you can try one out somewhere. What may not work for me, might work for you...

i believe i could get around the tank issue, wont be that difficult. what bike do you ride on the trails?  i do like the beta and it seems like most of there bikes are lower at 36.6 inches, i might even be able to flat foot the xtrainer if so it might be hard to walk away.

i believe i could get around the tank issue, wont be that difficult. what bike do you ride on the trails?  i do like the beta and it seems like most of there bikes are lower at 36.6 inches, i might even be able to flat foot the xtrainer if so it might be hard to walk away.

My primary ride is a Beta 300rr. I'm 6'1", so height was never an issue for me. I mostly do technical singletrack in NorCal, the kinda stuff you usually won't find on a trail map...

What bike are you riding now?