Sign in to follow this  

01 cr250 idling high

My cr250 has started idling high since it has gotten cold sometimes fires up screaming then simmers down. It also idles down until I release the clutch a little. I haven't checked for an air leak yet but can anyone explain this. I haven't got the chance to mess with my idle screw yet but it's a very high idle unless it is sitting without a load. Could it be just that I need to turn my idle down or an air leak?

Also I have heard in other threads it could be a left crank seal. I just had it fully rebuilt 30 hours or so. Hoping I don't have to split cases.

with the colder weather you might need to go with a richer pilot jet.  Turn your air screw in and see if it effects it at all.

with the colder weather you might need to go with a richer pilot jet. Turn your air screw in and see if it effects it at all.

That's what I was thinking I would fire it up and mess with the idle and all but I'm going to leave it as it is if it happens to be jetting becuase I will be riding my.450 in the mean time. I hope it's nothing major

Adjust your air screw. Do the 450 too.

I checked all the boots they are all seated correctly and I've never had any air leaks before but I will play with it

Not saying you have an air leak. It's winter. Adjust accordingly.

I usually don't adjust my idle once its set. I adjust the air screw . If it's high its lean. If it's low its rich.

Not saying you have an air leak. It's winter. Adjust accordingly.

this.

colder air is more dense, therefore more air going into the cylinder.

wouldn't worry about it till spring if your riding the 450, if it still revs high when its warmer then its a seal leaking.