Sign in to follow this  

Historical Ford Pickup Truck Question

Back in the early eighties, my cousin John had a Ford pickup truck in a light metallic green and I am trying to figure out what exact color that may have been.  His truck was probably a late 70's model, 4X4, regular cab long bed but that is all I have to go on.  The Legend Lime ford released on the Mustang about eight years ago is about as close a current color as I have seen.

Can anyone here turn their way-back machine to this era and set the parameters for Ford trucks and help me to figure out what color this was?

NC

My neighbor down the street has one sitting in his driveway.

Faded old worn light metallic green.

76 I think. Same truck. F100 4x4 long bed.

Maybe scour the ford archives for the name.

Why would you paint anything that color right now?

Are you trying to restore as new?

Bit of a long story and most won't get it but here goes.

I had a tough time growing up.  I had a cousin on mom's side of the family who is about ten years older than me and always went out of his way to show me a good time even though we only saw one another a few times a year.  He took me dirt bike riding for the first time and we loaded the bikes into the back of his old light-metallic-green F-Whatever it was.  It meant a lot to me at that time and now when I see a color similar to that it brings back that bright spot when everything in my world was dark.  

A friend of my mom's would wear what I thought was an ugly orange ski parka during the winter time.  Fortunately I never said anything but I have since learned he grew up in an orphanage.  The only thing anyone ever gave him was an orange jacket and from that day forward, it had special meaning to him.  

If you have ever had someone reach out to you when you were down you'll know what I mean.  If not, then this may be lost on you.  I was actually toying about painting a much newer truck in that color but have since decided against it.  But still, when I see that shade of green it is soothing and the only reason I can rationalize it is the one above.  Funny what shapes our "favorite this or favorite that."

Thanks for the recommendations.

NC