Sign in to follow this  

Need help with carb

I brought a fcr mx carb off of ebay,i took it to the garage to get put on and they are telling me it doesnt fit,do i need any other parts

1453849068603.jpg

1453849081626.jpg

Take a look in the DRZ faq.  Looks like you need to remove the right side engine mount and move it to the left side. 

• Like 1

I can not tell from the picture what the interference is.  The only trick I know of is to move both upper motor mount plates to the left side.  Would that solve anything?

I looks like you have the carb mounted and both rubber boots in place.  So is the only interference problem the throttle cables?

Maybe post some more pictures and explain it more.

Try an private message (PM) to GuyGraham  A countryman.

Edited by Noble

They told me at the garage it doesnt fit to the air filter on the left side if the bike, and on the right side theres not enough space or something

Can anyone send me a picture of the engine mounts moved to the left side, its just to show the garage what im on about

The original Mikuni carb is bigger where it fits the air cleaner connecting boot.  There are many different variations of the FCR carb. I do not know the size of the connection on the carb you have but yes some kind off an adapter is needed.  You may be able to buy an adapter or you may have to have something custom made up.  I'm surprised your garage can not figure this out.

I brought a 39mm fcr carb off of ebay,i took it to the garage to get put on and they are telling me it doesnt fit,do i need any other parts