Sign in to follow this  

Warrior 350 blowing out white smoke

Hows it goin guys. I have a question that im hoping one of you can answer. I have a 2001 warrior 350, i was riding it today and opened it up on a straight away. Before every shift, when the rpms were all the way up, i would hear a "scraping" or "rubbing" sound if you will, and the quad was blowing out white smoke. Could this be a gasket, a top end problem? Im not sure where to start. Thanks for you're time

Hows it goin guys. I have a question that im hoping one of you can answer. I have a 2001 warrior 350, i was riding it today and opened it up on a straight away. Before every shift, when the rpms were all the way up, i would hear a "scraping" or "rubbing" sound if you will, and the quad was blowing out white smoke. Could this be a gasket, a top end problem? Im not sure where to start. Thanks for you're time

It's probably blow by, do a compression test and see what your reading. Was the oil overfilled on the last change?

White smoke is usually associated with water entering the combustion phase.. After a compression test. You can get the engine hot. Them carefully remove the radiator cap and check for bubbles with exhaust smoke. It will be very noticeable.