Sign in to follow this  

will a XR600 motor bolt into my xr600r frame

What's up guys I have a quick question for everyone. I have a 1988 xr600r that I love to death. Except for starting it, we'll the other day I came across a XR400, I think it may be off of a fourth ax cause it has a built in starter. My question is, will that motor bolt into my frame.

Sorry, my bad. I meant will an XR400 motor bolt into my xr600r frame? Without too much hastle.

[/quote)

Definitely not. Edited by valvesrule

Cause this guy I know who does motorcycle repair out of a shop in his back yard has a freshly revuilt, it's gotta be at 400 or 450. It's a rfvc motor but it's not very old and it has a starter. What can I bolt that in to.

Step 1. Figure out what kind of motor it actually is.

The better question is why? Would be surprised if it would bolt right in. Why not sell the 600 and get a used xr 400 or drz 400 with the electric start. Better brakes and suspension then the 88 600. Not sure when honda updated the xr650l.thinking around 92 94 pretty mush same bike as the updated 600 except for gas tank and emissions junk elec start plus 50cc. The 88 had pretty soft dated suspension even at that time plus the rear drum