Attn. Racers, free stuff!

This is perfect. I just recently got back into riding after being out 12 years. I bought a 2009 yz450f that still has the previous owners number plates on, can't afford new ones yet. Also the last hare scramble I did they stuck some nasty tape to the plates for number indentificatiin that I can't get off! Please pick me and thanks for doing this.

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

My 10 year old (9 at the time) competed in his first race last summer. It was our local enduro, and he was very fired up...until the morning of the race. He was nervous, which he got over, but the bigger issue was it POURED rain all morning and through the first loop. He sucked it up and did the 15 mile loop with me in the pouring rain, no goggles, and a wet sandy, muddy mess. He finished 5th in his age group and is hooked.

Late last fall he moved up to a 14 KX 85 and we are planning to do some HS and MX races this year. He's already picked his number, 523 (his birthday is May 23rd), I'll buy him the number backgrounds, but thought it would be cool for him to win them...?

To say I'm proud is a huge understatement, I can't find the pic of the trophy presentation, but found a few other gems from that day...

A snapshot from his gopro, the kid ate a ton of dirt!

2pycphx.jpg

I think he looks proud/relieved in this one.

1saw40.jpg

One for the ages, and a proud Dad moment.

2s79k52.jpg

Forgot to add a pic of the bike, here's an action shot!

155s86q.jpg

And he joined the AMA so his "real" number is now 652, which, coincidentally is the road we live on, he's fired up!

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 6

full.jpg

so the year was 2006 during the 2006 trans cal series. It was at the Riverfront track in Marysville and it was one of my best nights of racing. in the 250 class I got two good starts finishing overall 2-2 on the night but the 450 class is where the magic happened. 

The first moto i dont remember much but the 2nd moto i got a decent start. somewhere around 10th-12th, i made a few passes putting me near 8. laps 3 and 4 i was stuck behind one rider. went outside in a 90degree right into a table but he dived on me cutting me off. I checked up as he over jumped the table. I got on the ground swung back to the right with enough drive to edge him to the next corner. I quickly caught up to a pack of three riders. I diced with the till the last lap. on the  final straight called the freeway, a series of three high speed tables, I cut inside of the turn and pulled up next to 6th on the first table. the next two were only right in front but i had the inside coming into the final 180 turn. I scrubbed the final two jumps to pull in just behind 4th. Last corner he goes inside and i go further bumping him out of the line to take 4th. I made 3 passes in less than 10seconds~ish.

its been a few years since i last raced but i recently picked up an 03 rm250 which ill be on for this season. after a few rides to shake off the rust ill hopefully be ready for  racing some summer time

• Like 1

I'll add this from last April when I broke my femur in the first race of the year. Kind of put a damper on my spirits and riding. First bone I have ever broke but I'm nearly 100% now. I've been on the bike a couple times now and my speed and confidence are growing. A new set of numbers would be great as mine are just address numbers now! Haha

1454871503729.jpg

1454871556482.jpg

1454871602596.jpg

I've only raced in one sanctioned event ever, My results were pretty bad in it but more on that later.

2014 Season                

My first ever experience at racing people who i didn't know was at our track in late 2014 for our local kids day event(don't be fooled it can get ugly) i was a rather poor rider and rode the track extremely slowly. I came in last place by more than a ton. A few weeks later i did our local hare scramble the "Tree Hugger" I came into the race hoping to finish and didn't really know what to expect. I rode terribly, i sat for almost the entire thing and crashed more than i would have liked. I was able to finish the race and unsurprisingly came in last place for my class. After these disastrous experiences i figured it was time to step up my game and improve my riding... Big time.

2015 Season              

Last season i committed to improving and worked hard to better my technique and am happy to say i did just that. In late may It was time for kids day and i had a bold goal...Not Last. I had battle with a kid on a kx 250 smoker i'm sure he was disappointed when a crf250x passed him on a uphill fast section of the track twice. The first time he took the inside line on the corner right after the hill and passed me. This was the first guy i have ever passed by power and skill and i was not gonna let him get away, two laps later he made an error coming into the hill i capitalized and went as fast as i could make the little bush bike go i passed him on the crest of the hill. I held him off for another lap and this combined with passing another who stalled gave me 5th place out of seven AKA not last. MISSION SUCCESS.

The track really isn't my favorite place to ride, i much prefer single track. I Improved my riding through out the season with constant practice, all in preparation for the hare scramble. I had a bold goal in mind... THE PODIUM. For most other races in the series this would be a very hard task for one like me but the Tree Hugger usually only has 6 people in my class and i know most of them. It was bold but i was determined to get it done. Unfortunately the race got cancelled. However my efforts were not a waste as i improved my riding a ton. Coming in last place  was probably the best thing possible to help me improve my riding, It gave me the drive to improve and a goal i was committed to beating.

2016 Season         

This year i'm hoping to continue to improve and go to other races in the province with a goal to be midpack for my class However because of my lack of a driver license this is unlikely to happen... BUT NEXT YEAR i'm gonna make it happen. I will be getting involved and seeing what the status is for making our local race happen again. I hope to continue to get better and maybe become a regular at the hare scrambles in the future.

Heres a split screen of  my two MX races

And these two video offer a visual way to see my improvement in the woods

And lastly a picture of the bike.

vehicles 250x.png

Edited by TheLakeMonster

I used to race mx on 50's back when I was just a kid, but that only lasted a few years. This season after about 10 years of not riding I picked up a 2005 CRF450r and decided to enter some desert races. My 1st race I did alright finishing 7th place. Then I entered King of the Desert, a 100mi race through Superstition & Plaster City. This race beat the HELL out of me. Not only was it a tough course, but it was windy(30-60mph) I ended up going down pretty hard at least 3 times which left me with a slight concussion, fractured rib, and pretty badly bruised all over my body, and my bike with a cracked radiator, bent bars & bent footpeg. Every time I pushed myself to get back on my bike and ended up finishing 8th in my class and 59th overall out of about 95 racers. Due to my injuries I will be volunteering at the next race in a week and then 3 weeks after that I'll be back out there racing. 

12514007_748983498569158_2895641410583401452_o.jpg

12621997_749408421859999_782029791236692298_o.jpg

12650964_521642678017805_2988541584718143681_n.jpg

12694725_523369201178486_4222965433561570350_o.jpg