Scotts, xTrainer.

That is me with the extra GPR damper for sale, and the picture listed in the classified is this damper mounted on my XT. There are three parts to a damper system:

1. The actual damper itself.

2. The damper mount, which mounts to the top triple clamp. This mounts the bars and damper to the bike. The guys at GPR said that this mount is the same on the 2T bikes including the XT. Not sure about the 4T's. It will also mount to the KTM's triple as I discovered during a fork conversion between my XT and KTM. That is how I ended up with an extra damper system.

3. The stationary mount that bolts around the steering neck. The damper actuator arm mounts in this stationary piece. This is the piece that is specific for the XT. The XT neck is a different shape from the other Betas.

So had I known about the universality of the mounting systems, I would not have purchased two complete systems. All I really needed was the stationary mount. The GPR website is being updated and does not list many of the new applications, but give them a call and they are very user friendly. Also, this damper mount is the sub-mount system where the damper mounts below the bars, it actually raised the bars about 3/4". I preferred the damper on my KTM since it mounted above the bars and didn't change the bar height.

have you thought about trying a 'fatty' front tire? a lot of two stroke riders are starting to use these instead of steering dampers with great results. got the goldentyre version on the RR300, did a review here

Hmmm, taller than stock, im a short fecker and need all the help i can get

Edited by Gary C

other manufacturers do the 'fatty' profile too and i'm sure there would be some good brands out there. the goldentyres cost more but their 'fatty' has received rave reviews across the board so far, good combo of longevity with grip too which i'd back up having used it for about 700km of hard technical riding to date. 

Yep, $96 for front and $120 for the rear. They also have the super gummy rear in stock, but it is probably only good for one race. I absolutely love these tires, well worth the price. The rear does wear quickly, but it's not giving up as fast as the AT81 did when it started rounding off. I have decided to invest in keeping fresh rubber on my bike, since when the tires wear I seem to have tuning issues.