Why YAMAHA motocycles are saving off-road motorcycle riding

I believe you that the fx ought to be great..yamaha put the effort in there... just talking about the 2 stroke side where my more allegiance lies.. love 4 stroke too..but 2 strokes rule here..but I have both..this is a bs thread really anyway.. I love all dirt bikes..just stating some gripes that really don't matter much except for those that think like me and would hope yamaha would produce a bike to compare with beta,ktm, gasgas etc in the 300 enduro dept. If I would want a kick start 2 stroke japanese mx bike adapted for enduro I'd just have kept my cr 250. That bike was great and had the same limitations of a 5 speed..but still great..but not as great as my Beta 300..and yamaha is great.. guys love em and I'm sure I'd love one. I just would want more for my money.

That's great... we understand you don't want a yamaha.... don't buy one.... not for you.... every thread.... you come in talking like this... saying how nothing is as great as beta... I agree beta is great... most of us do... but you guys ruin all the Yamaha threads...... just wait... next YZ250X comes out... estart... 6 speed... light... all the enduro goodies... us yamaha guys will come in the beta threads...and the ktm threads... and we will rape...

ps... it's hard to read your shit when you type like this.........

• Like 1

That's great... we understand you don't want a yamaha.... don't buy one.... not for you.... every thread.... you come in talking like this... saying how nothing is as great as beta... I agree beta is great... most of us do... but you guys ruin all the Yamaha threads...... just wait... next YZ250X comes out... estart... 6 speed... light... all the enduro goodies... us yamaha guys will come in the beta threads...and the ktm threads... and we will rape...

ps... it's hard to read your shit when you type like this.........

Hey... it's the truth. ..and not for Beta especially.. for the class.. so ktm, gasgas, husky etc. Really if it isn't true it wouldn't mean anything. you and others would go yea whatever.. I can't ruin anything with stating what a yzx has and doesn't have in this class. Now if I was stating untruths that would be messed up. So what I'm a frend really saying that a girlfriend is ugly.. hey I guess so..but a wingman doesn't bullshit. Guys that love yamaha don't care what I or others say.. just like when I had my cr 250 and guys were talking about what a 6 speed 300 would do..and I didn't have one. I knew what my bike woudl do and know my cr was great.. but it wasn't a 300 and it wasn't a 6 speed.. and that's just what is. I'm not sorry to blow anyone's fantasy.. because I was there. I had a great 5 speed great handling great powered adapted mx bike that was kick start.. I had it for 13 yrs.. Now I have a couple of bikes that are 300 6 speed.. there is a marked improvement.

and really.. please.. look at this thread.It's a copy bs thread like the ktm one.. so expect more ..by design this thread is a crash test dummies dream.

I do look forward to the time.. if it ever happens that yamah makes an estart 2 stroke 300 enduro.. that would be great..but given yamaha's history they wont "rape". the euro brands will have improved even more.. .. and look how far back yamaha is. I have a 2001 Gasgas 6 speed 300 enduro bike..damn.. yamaha get your ass moving.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

My 6 speed Ktm e-start 300 with 4cs forks is so awesome I just bought a 450fx.

Pics or it didn't happen...

Everyone has limitations.. and obligations.. this is just jerking for the guys that can't ride but want to for so many reasons. So we bs about bikes..in between doing what we have to for work, family, whatever.. :ride: wondering what happened for the Italian world enduro championships!!! :ride:  .. plus it's valentines day... I went to a brunch that I didn't want to go to..but it was nice with my wife and daughter..but it's perfect weather to ride.. plus family is here visiting.. gotta show some face.. now I'm planning my get away for a few hours if not riding..cutting trail.. something so at least im out there to get away..

Oh, I totally understand. I put a total of 70 miles in between 11/1/2015 and 2/13/2016. 2 rides. One 30 miler where we got lost and a miserable 40 miler in mud/snow. Today was a 100 mile race and I felt like I came straight off the couch. I go to the gym, but nothing compares to actually riding your bike.

Also of note: My buddy smoked the rings in his 300 today. Counted 4 new FX's in the pits. All former KTM BROs. 3 250s and the one 450 I already mentioned. All are very happy with them.  I was the 1st to get one tho.

Oh shit. Valentines Day! Well, we did the official celebration Friday night. But of course, now I'm hearing it again. "YOU WENT RIDING ALL DAY!"  Yep, that was the agreement. Now I need new goggles. Where's MY gift?

Edited by ubu
  • Like 2

Well I have been pure orange for the last 12 years until I bought my FX. I have never looked back. The FX is undoubtably the best off road bike for me! There has always been something funny handling about a KTM that just never made me 100% confident. I like KTM and probably always will but for now Yamaha is getting my business. They earned it!

• Like 4

Lmao! Another that lacks balls, has a leash, and thinks its cool! "You went riding all day!" Does she beat your ass for lifting a leg?

And as for your 450 fx, clown. Prove it.

You've just received "The Worst New Member on ThumperTalk Award"! Now GTFO!
  • Like 5

Hey... it's the truth. ..and not for Beta especially.. for the class.. so ktm, gasgas, husky etc. Really if it isn't true it wouldn't mean anything. you and others would go yea whatever.. I can't ruin anything with stating what a yzx has and doesn't have in this class. Now if I was stating untruths that would be messed up. So what I'm a frend really saying that a girlfriend is ugly.. hey I guess so..but a wingman doesn't bullshit. Guys that love yamaha don't care what I or others say.. just like when I had my cr 250 and guys were talking about what a 6 speed 300 would do..and I didn't have one. I knew what my bike woudl do and know my cr was great.. but it wasn't a 300 and it wasn't a 6 speed.. and that's just what is. I'm not sorry to blow anyone's fantasy.. because I was there. I had a great 5 speed great handling great powered adapted mx bike that was kick start.. I had it for 13 yrs.. Now I have a couple of bikes that are 300 6 speed.. there is a marked improvement.

and really.. please.. look at this thread.It's a copy bs thread like the ktm one.. so expect more ..by design this thread is a crash test dummies dream.

I do look forward to the time.. if it ever happens that yamah makes an estart 2 stroke 300 enduro.. that would be great..but given yamaha's history they wont "rape". the euro brands will have improved even more.. .. and look how far back yamaha is. I have a 2001 Gasgas 6 speed 300 enduro bike..damn.. yamaha get your ass moving.

Easy Hawaii! You are offending and are going to get a warning and worst member award! Listen guys, you Yamaha guys are the ones that went saying that Yamaha is saving Off Road! You asked for it! How can you even believe that? Forget your opinions, look at the numbers. . .

Lmao! 

Why so angry? I have ridden the wheels of my Ktmavarna, closing in on 100 hrs (race hrs) only thing I've had to replace is a stator due to me pinching the wiring harness between the frame and rad guards shorting it out. It's a quality machine, 300 motor with the 6 speed is a billy goat, crawls through nasty terrain like nothing else, e-start was awesome too for the first 2 months that it worked. Handling is "european", neutral turning and shakes like a wet dog when the the throttle is chopped. I bought an fx because after 3 revalves (by one of the most reputable suspension company's) the forks are subpar at best and I just can't seem to come to terms with them. All bikes have flaws, in mx and off-road suspension is more important than anything else, if Ktm gets their suspension figured out they will probably take over the world, till then I'm going blue.

image.jpg

• Like 3

Easy Hawaii! You are offending and are going to get a warning and worst member award! Listen guys, you Yamaha guys are the ones that went saying that Yamaha is saving Off Road! You asked for it! How can you even believe that? Forget your opinions, look at the numbers. . .

The thread title is a parody of the "Why KTMs are ruining off road riding" thread, which is also stupid. 

Yeah. Look at the numbers. Yamaha is selling the shit out of their newly released off road models. KTM may be the market share leader, but now Yamaha has a piece. That's the point.

Lmao! Another that lacks balls, has a leash, and thinks its cool! "You went riding all day!" Does she beat your ass for lifting a leg?

HaHa. Yeah. The ONE day of the year where I get a slight bit of shit for riding is a corporate holiday. Hawaii brought it up as a limitation to riding yesterday, not me. What did you do yesterday? You find a bike yet?

And as for your 450 fx, clown. Prove it.

philfell is a member here. Ask him or look up his history on it. We happened to line up right next to each other yesterday. I got the better start, but he caught me at about 20 miles.

Edited by ubu

RingDing3hunnit, on 15 Feb 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:RingDing3hunnit, on 15 Feb 2016 - 08:58 AM, said:

You already won that award.  :prof:

If you would quit posting opinions and look at the numbers you will see the FX models are priced better and have shown they are the best bike for the money.  :moon:

They are saving the off road world from a bunch of over priced bikes that don't even have decent forks on them.  :applause:

Why would you pay more for a 250F off road bike just to pay even more to try and fix the factory supplied forks.  :excuseme:  

It seems like you want to argue about the 250X for some reason,  That would be a 2 stroke, go to the right forum if that is all you have.  :bonk:

This is the WR/YZ250F forum, the F means four stroke models.  :doh:

• Like 1

Competition makes the breed stronger, consumers should be happy that Yamaha jumped in the off road game (like them or not) We will all benefit.

Arguing over which bike is better is sophomoric at best. People should be thankful that we have choices.

Edited by camman
  • Like 2

Competition makes the breed stronger, consumers should be happy that Yamaha jumped in the off road game (like them or not) We will all benefit.

Arguing over which bike is better is sophomoric at best. People should be thankful that we have choices.

Roger that

Just got a text from my buddy who smoked the rings in his 2013 300XC yesterday. He's thinking of going back to a Yamaha 4T this summer. 

• Like 1

It seems like you want to argue about the 250X for some reason,  That would be a 2 stroke, go to the right forum if that is all you have.  :bonk:

This is the WR/YZ250F forum, the F means four stroke models.  :doh:

To be fair to this jackass, he has a legit beef with the 250X. The general thread is how Yamaha is affecting the off road world. The 250X is basically a 2006 YZ250 with different tuning, gearing, and suspension valving. In the way of marketing, it's ancient.

Be we here all know the real story. The basic motor, chassis, and suspension have been great for a decade. It just needed some tweaks. By not doing a full remake of the platform with all the frills KTM offers, Yamaha can sell it at a reasonable price and get into the off road scene.

Yamaha knows what they are doing. These new offerings won't be the last.

• Like 2

To be fair to this jackass, he has a legit beef with the 250X. The general thread is how Yamaha is affecting the off road world. The 250X is basically a 2006 YZ250 with different tuning, gearing, and suspension valving. In the way of marketing, it's ancient.

Be we here all know the real story. The basic motor, chassis, and suspension have been great for a decade. It just needed some tweaks. By not doing a full remake of the platform with all the frills KTM offers, Yamaha can sell it at a reasonable price and get into the off road scene.

Yamaha knows what they are doing. These new offerings won't be the last.

Yea.. and no.. I mean..I was waiting for over a decade for the japanese to throw out something 2 stroke wise when I had my 2 stroke honda converted for trail. So the 4 stroke yamaha side got a great movement forward while a 18 and a kick stand goes to the 2 stroke.. :banghead: we don't know shit about what yamaha will and will not do in the future.. and the japanese economy is shrinking.. not doing the greatest over there. Maybe that's why they put a mickey mouse effort toward the 2 stroke offroad side...afraid that they'll be cutting their own throat by actually making a decent competitive 2 stroke to roll in the same line as the regular 300 2 stroke 6 speed enduro category that is the standard these days. What would happen if yamaha made an estart 300 6 speed enduro bike? yamaha 4 stroke bikes would be left on the showroom floor ..and the 2 strokes would sell like hotcakes.. slitting their own throats.. so I wouldn't hold my breath that anything else will happen to improve the 2 stroke line..  Remember.. in 1996 yamaha had a wide ratio wr 250 2 stroke. So yamaha didn't improve.. they just added what they had then to the current bike.. :lame:  .. but they probably are making a good financial decision.. for so little "improvement" some are going to buy.    I'm only bitching about the 2 stroke enduro side..That's just my selfish main concern for offroad dirtbikes..  Yamaha is seemingly kicking ass in the 4 stroke side.. many seem to be happy.. 6 speed upgrade..great working bikes.. I don't care for efi ..but for many efi makes them happy.. so good for them..  :thumbsup:  :ride:

• Like 2

What would happen if yamaha made an estart 300 6 speed enduro bike? yamaha 4 stroke bikes would be left on the showroom floor ..and the 2 strokes would sell like hotcakes.. slitting their own throats.. so I wouldn't hold my breath that anything else will happen to improve the 2 stroke line..

I very much doubt that by offering a 300 2T Yamaha would "be slitting their own throats." Riders have different preferences for what type of motor suits their riding style better. KTM sells plenty of 4T bikes along with their 2T line. KTM basically has the market cornered so they mark up the 2T for more margin. Yamaha needs to break into the market before they can do the same. Right now they are offering a basic off-road bike, without having to re-tool, at a reasonable price. They are selling bikes and gaining market share without a huge investment.

Like you say, I'm not holding my breath. But this is Yamaha's MO. They don't tend to make huge changes and things move slow. Look at the pattern...Introduce 250FX/WR, see how it does, it sells like crazy so the 450 gets the same treatment, try offering a 2T, see how it sells...

• Like 1