Shinko R505 Hybrid Cheater Tires ? Anyone heard of these?

It's their intermediate/hard terrain tire. I don't know anything about the 504/505 set exactly, but I use the 524/525 soft/intermediate here in the rocks and roots and love them. They grip like a trials tire on the slick rock stuff yet still hook up great in mud and pea gravel. And the added bonus that they wear like iron and are cheap. If the 504/505 are as good on hard pan and desert terrain, it'll be hard to go wrong with them IMO.

• Like 3

It's their intermediate/hard terrain tire. I don't know anything about the 504/505 set exactly, but I use the 524/525 soft/intermediate here in the rocks and roots and love them. They grip like a trials tire on the slick rock stuff yet still hook up great in mud and pea gravel. And the added bonus that they wear like iron and are cheap. If the 504/505 are as good on hard pan and desert terrain, it'll be hard to go wrong with them IMO.

Thanks for the response...Thinking of giving it a try...

Pretty please do a follow up on this post. I really am curious about how it works. I just love the "gummy" tires for the terrain i ride using a drilled out bib mousse...

We have plenty of snow on the ground now, but I hope to make a trip to (rocky) Arkansas in March.

It's been a few years since I rode at Chadwick, I hear they opened more single track on the north section is that true??

All the north (Strawberry Ridge) side of the Camp Ridge day use area is bikes only now. All the trails are healing and returning to single track, plus all the previously "illegal" trails on that side are now legal.

• Like 2

I ran a 505a I think. Same tire? Rear on my 525 dual sport. Great tire for the money. Dunlop 606 performance at 60% the cost.

Running a 520 now with Tubliss. Happy so far.

Rode a bike with the soft terrain in sand . Great.

Shinkos are now what maxxis was before everbody knew.

Does anybody know how heavy this tire is?  This is the Hybrid R505 not to be mistaken for the 505 which is a different tire.  The tire weight is my only hesitation to run these hybrid tires.

Unless you're racing MX what difference does a pound or so make?  If you're riding off road, if the tire works, use it.

• Like 1