Will I have a problem running a tube in a tubeless trials tire?

That is what I was thinking but I have been getting conflicting opinions. One guy said something about inner ribs that will eat through a tube?

I have never seen that happen. I have seen tube tires with ribs and a non-smooth surface.

I replace teh tube every few tires. I also talc the tube. I have never had a failure from anything other than punctures or valve stems ripping out

I have never seen that happen. I have seen tube tires with ribs and a non-smooth surface.

I replace teh tube every few tires. I also talc the tube. I have never had a failure from anything other than punctures or valve stems ripping out

I've posted this before, but after I drove from Dallas to West Texas, a 400 mile drive just to ride for one day, and I got a flat tire in the first 15 minutes of riding, I said screw this! And I started running bib mousses.

They are expensive upfront but I would never go back. They handle so well and I never worry about flats.

I've posted this before, but after I drove from Dallas to West Texas, a 400 mile drive just to ride for one day, and I got a flat tire in the first 15 minutes of riding, I said screw this! And I started running bib mousses.

They are expensive upfront but I would never go back. They handle so well and I never worry about flats.

I believe the plural is "BIB MOOSE" lol... ?

Joe

Edited by trailmeisterjoe
  • Like 1