Which year KYB SSS forks

Fitz

If you are doing a complete fork swap like I did , then anything after 2008 from yz250 or 450 is okay.

If however , you are just swapping cartridges , then you need later model donor forks.

I dont have the details , but the length of the damper rod is critical and seems to vary by year.

You will find this info by searching this site or that other big KTM site.

Dont be scared... the result is worth the effort !!!!

Cheers mate, Just got onto a set of 2011 YZF450 forks, Complete set. Pick them up in a couple of weeks. Thinking complete swap at this stage onto my Beta 300!!!. Anybody got any good valving specs to get me close? 

Fitz I no longer need my SSS to 4CS adaptors, swapped my SSS for some new 4CS.  The 4CS can be made to work better, don't believe the hype.

Bowser, how do you go about setting up your 4CS or what's your tip on making them work the best that they can?

Jeff

Bowser, how do you go about setting up your 4CS or what's your tip on making them work the best that they can?

Jeff

Jeff, depends on what year model 4CS you have. The 16's really don't need much work. The 14's need $$ thrown at them.

I have 2 sets of 4CS now, one has race tech bases, g2r valves, kreft 2 port mid piston with bleed hole, custom shim stack, mods to bottoming system, ICS spacer, bleed holes blocks.

The 2nd set I am testing some "Dyva suspension" parts, uses a complete new base which has a cone which is dynamic as apposed to the KTM cone forks which is more like a check valve. I'm trying a new setting in the dyva forks tomorrow and will compare back to back with the 2nd set which i love.

For ME I liked the 4CS more than the SSS, they are more plush. Consider I only ride trails and not MX, the SSS would work better for MX.

Thanks bowser, I appreciate the response!  I'm trail riding as well, so good to hear.

Jeff

Edited by farmerj

I did a race tech/zip Ty open cartridge conversion on my 2016 4cs and I'm beyond happy. I tried making the 4cs work for me but I was never satisfied. I used zip Ty compression clicker bases, race tech springs and gold valves, and a high speed low speed blow off for the shock. The bike rides great. I added extra parts but the shop that did it was only charging around 950 for the conversion and valves. I'm a big guy, 6'3" and 270 pounds and I ride desert around Las Vegas. The bike works everywhere from slow rocky terrain to high speed whoops.

• Like 1

I did a race tech/zip Ty open cartridge conversion on my 2016 4cs and I'm beyond happy. I tried making the 4cs work for me but I was never satisfied. I used zip Ty compression clicker bases, race tech springs and gold valves, and a high speed low speed blow off for the shock. The bike rides great. I added extra parts but the shop that did it was only charging around 950 for the conversion and valves. I'm a big guy, 6'3" and 270 pounds and I ride desert around Las Vegas. The bike works everywhere from slow rocky terrain to high speed whoops.

do you know what stacks they used for the OC conversion?