DevonHonda

Anyone using Fasst Flexxbars on their Beta?

Just curious if any Flexx Bar users out there. Have them on my ATV but wondering if overkill on a 300 two stroke?

Thanks!

They work great, if you can find a bar bend that works for you.

I could not.

They also break at the cast junction, if you land on a rock at that junction.

This is not covered under warranty either.

That was enough for me to stop using them.....

They work great, if you can find a bar bend that works for you.

I could not.

They also break at the cast junction, if you land on a rock at that junction.

This is not covered under warranty either.

That was enough for me to stop using them.....

Good to know. Thanks

I have them on my XT, which I moved from my KTM 250xc. I really like them as I am getting older and have had several broken wrists and sometimes suffer from arm pump. They cushion hard blows very nice, and help somewhat with vibration. They are somewhat heavy and bulky, but that is the only downside. They are very durable, as I have had several nasty tree strikes and they did not bend or break. The company also has good customer service. When I ride a bike without them I can immediately tell the difference.

I want to try the twisted engineering bars, but they suffer from poor customer service and are unreachable. I'm not paying for something that may not be shipped.

• Like 1

I have personally not tried them but have been thinking about it. I read DIRT BIKE Magazine every month and there self proclaimed Flex Bar Addicts and love them. But as mentioned above there weight is there downside. Maybe it's not a concern for you.

I would also look into the rubber mounted handlebar clamps, there are a few companies that make these, but I can't think of there names at the moment, I will post some names later.

• Like 1

I want to try the twisted engineering bars, but they suffer from poor customer service and are unreachable. I'm not paying for something that may not be shipped.

That has not been my experience with them. I called before I ordered and they answered the phone and spent some time discussing their product with me and told me how long it would take to ship them. Don't remember how long, but it was reasonable for such a niche product and arrived within the time given. They have also answered my phone calls and emails (with pics) since then about some scrapes acquired while looping out. In fact, I sent an email late last night and had a reply in my inbox this morning.

I very much like the product.

Just curious if any Flexx Bar users out there. Have them on my ATV but wondering if overkill on a 300 two stroke?

Thanks!

I use them and absolutely love the bars... getting them fit and work on the Beta is a pain! The brake cylinder hits the bar at the flex joint causing to run the brake lever stupid high. If you're doing a byob im.sure they have a in house fix to the problem... I'm afraid to bend metal coming off the cylinder without breaking it. The bars are great but I'd like to know what they do get everything on them and set right when doing a byob

Thanks!

I use them on my 450 and like them. I have some cervical deterioration going on in my neck which cause issues in my left arm. The bars help to alleviate it and help prevent arm pump. IMHO they are a good value. 

after posting the review above on the flexx bars, i had heaps of riders asking how they compared to the twisted engineering bars. i had no idea, but the flexx bars had made quite a difference for the various issues i was having so moved those across to my adventure bike (DR650) and got the twisted engineering bars for the RR300. 

it's early days yet and i'll do a thorough review soon after a few more rides, but here are some advantages of the TE bars:

- same shape as normal bars so no potential fitment issues

- more room on bars for mounting gps, cell phone etc

- lighter (same as most alloy bars)

- they move in all directions (still not sure if that's applicable outside of motocross or ultra aggressive riding)

- slightly cheaper.

advantages of the flexx bars?

- complete range of adjustment with different rubbers and the adjustment bolts

- greater range of adjustment, can achieve a greater flex than the TE bars 3x option

- individual parts can be replaced if broken

- bars only flex in line with the forks (if you think you'd prefer that to flex in every direction). 

if you are all about reducing weight on the bike then the TE bars are the logical choice. but one thing i liked with the flexx bars was i could put the softest elastomers in, back off on the adjustment screws, and get a very flexible setup happening... perfect for our slower technical rides and you can feel them soaking up the smaller hits too. the TE bars work well on the RR300 but even the most flexible 3x option doesn't start flexing much until reasonably hard impacts. it would probably be perfect for faster or more aggressive riders. hope that makes sense, i'll get a few more rides in before doing a full review. 

• Like 3

Looking forward to your full review/comparison between the two bars, OZ DRZ. As I mentioned earlier, I have the flex bars and have been using them for a while. As I am getting older and still feel pain/issues from broken wrists, the flex bars have been a wonderful solution. They are however heavy and bulky, and fitting controls is difficult. Also, if running a damper above the bars, there is a lot of stuff sticking up above the bars that are really bothersome. I do like the adjustability, and feel that the sharp edge blows are very much dampened.

I retract the earlier statement about contacting twisted engineering, as after 3 calls today I got through and had a very nice conversation about their bars. Their rep told me that the flex is in all directions, and they help markedly with vibration. I really want to try these bars since they are lighter, less bulky, no issues with mounting controls, etc. I just want to be sure they offer the same comfort level as I have with the flex bars before I drop another $300.

I keep hearing over the bar dampers cannot fit on the Flexx bars but they do offer arched crossbars to accommodate the dampers. Do they not work in the way they were intended - never had the flexx bars, just asking.

Edited by mtdirtbag

I keep hearing over the bar dampers cannot fit on the Flexx bars but they do offer arched crossbars to accommodate the dampers. Do they not work in the way they were intended - never had the flexx bars, just asking.

Yes they sell a hump for the Flexx bar to fit over damper. Check out Jeff Slavens Mule 300xc. 

http://twistedengineering.com/tshop/index.php?id_product=17&controller=product

So i went on to the Twisted Engineering website to check out there flexing handlebars and as it turns out, Twisted Engineering is offering 2 week trial periods of there flex bars. Heres the link. Test them out on your bike for 2 weeks, any bend and any flex you choose.. if you don't like them send them back, if you like them, you keep them on your bike, all you have to do is pay the shipping fee. Sounds like a good deal if your thinking about buying them, try em out for yourself.

• Like 1

I've been running Flexxbars on my '13 300RR since I got it. They were on my GasGas 250 before that. Enduro low 10deg sweep, I like a straight KTM bend style bar. I also have the curved cross braces to clear my over bar Scotts. I have had no problems and ride in rocks most of the time. The only minor hassle in fitment is the brake master but the fitting bends easy to clear the casting on the bar. I'd be more concerned about dropping a set of carbon bars in the rocks and scratching/gouging them than a Flexxbar.

I've been running Flexxbars on my '13 300RR since I got it. They were on my GasGas 250 before that. Enduro low 10deg sweep, I like a straight KTM bend style bar. I also have the curved cross braces to clear my over bar Scotts. I have had no problems and ride in rocks most of the time. The only minor hassle in fitment is the brake master but the fitting bends easy to clear the casting on the bar. I'd be more concerned about dropping a set of carbon bars in the rocks and scratching/gouging them than a Flexxbar.

I've scratched the crap out of mine looping out in a quarry. No issues so far. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1455683230.878380.jpg

Is that on the alloy part or the CF? Looks like the alloy.