DevonHonda

Anyone using Fasst Flexxbars on their Beta?

I just ordered another set of Flexxbars, along with their handguard bars. I've got a set that I've had for five or six years - these are for a different bike. Great product, great company. 

• Like 1

I like the pivoting BRP mounts because they are smooth and solid enough, and allow using cheap and easily available basic EE handguards.  I'm too rough on handguards to invest in specialized parts.  A pair of EE or Moose, without the mounts, is less than $30 and on the spares shelf.

4 hours ago, GP said:

I like the pivoting BRP mounts because they are smooth and solid enough, and allow using cheap and easily available basic EE handguards.  I'm too rough on handguards to invest in specialized parts.  A pair of EE or Moose, without the mounts, is less than $30 and on the spares shelf.

I just order the handguard bars and mounting spools, then drill and tap them for the Fastway shields.

On 2/27/2016 at 7:17 AM, Whiskeythrottle24 said:

I initially ran the arched crossbars but did not like how tall the stabilizer was...ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1456585979.674883.jpg

I cut down the tower and went with a BRP submount which allowed it to sit lower and then I could run the flexx straight crossbars... ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1456586163.408757.jpg the submount also puts about a 1" rise in the bars as well;) hope it helps

WT,

Are you running the stock length front brake line or aftermarket?  If aftermarket, which brand and length? I have 3/4” bar risers and the front brake line really needs to be a few inches longer.  Finally getting another set of Flexx bars as the wrists/hands can’t take the beating they used to. 

WT,

Are you running the stock length front brake line or aftermarket?  If aftermarket, which brand and length? I have 3/4” bar risers and the front brake line really needs to be a few inches longer.  Finally getting another set of Flexx bars as the wrists/hands can’t take the beating they used to. 

I used the stock lines, there was JUST enough and didn’t bind throughout the range.....this how I routed them, hope it helps IMG_4042.JPG
  • Like 2

Last night, I installed the BRP rubber-damped sub mount. Unfortunately, I need a new link arm and post for my damper, so I'll get to try the BRP mount without a damper this weekend. On my last 2T (KTM 200), I had Flexx bars and loved them. I hope the BRP mount is enough for the Beta. 

• Like 1

http://mattpopemotorcycles.co.uk/shop/betaenduro-accessories/beta-accessories/handlebar-forks-beta-accessories/xtrig-phds-rubber-bar-mount-kit-beta-rr-2t-250-300-enduro-2013-2017

Im wondering about this one. Ive never seen it before and although not cheap it seems more reasonable as far as price overall. Anyone try this????

XTrig_PHDS__83386.1397722004.1250.1250.j

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

3 hours ago, randysoo said:

^^ Those have been around for awhile now. KTM offered them as accessories more than 8 years ago. What really intrigues me is the mako 360. Interesting concept

http://xcgear.com/mako-360/

So how do they work?? id rather pay less than half of the mako... That mako one is lik $400 or so. Thats a kind of high price point for what you get.

I’ll be testing out the new AHIS clamps on a week long trip to Moab, starting Saturday. I’ll report back with results. 

F9301B96-75DF-43E3-BFCD-BD575BA83EFC.jpeg

5A332923-21D3-434E-8B72-EAACB77C155D.jpeg

• Like 1

Shit  275??? wtf??? fricken ridiculous prices!!!And some of the mako are bouncing just below 500 bucks.. damn..

I'm not sufferring and I'm just with  the dakar progrip gel grips and my plain old pro taper bars.. Is it really worth it????

$275 Canadian=$250 USD delivered to CO. 

I had pulled the trigger on the TE bars and the owner called me and said they had shut production down pending new owner. Those were like $550 for bar and their hand guards.  Gotta pay for engineering I suppose.

• Like 1

when you consider all of the vibration/impact reducing options, they're all pretty expensive. I've had the phds on my italian husky several years ago. I could not notice any real difference. I tend to think of the brp rubber submount in the same category. I think the most popular proven products are the twisted engineering and flexx bars. I have the 3x twisted bars and love them. Now I hear they are available in 4x flex but I guess they are shut down for the time being. After buying all the associated brackets and fittings to mount hand guards and so forth you are still looking at $400-$500

Edited by randysoo
spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, randysoo said:

when you consider all of the vibration/impact reducing options, they're all pretty expensive. I've had the phds on my italian husky several years ago. I could not notice any real difference. I tend to think of the brp rubber submount in the same category. I think the most popular proven products are the twisted engineering and flexx bars. I have the 3x twisted bars and love them. Now I hear they are available in 4x flex but I guess they are shut down for the time being. After buying all the associated brackets and fittings to mount hand guards and so forth you are still looking at $400-$500

Damn... but I guess if that’s the price you pay... or not. The xrig ones are cheaper but still expensive for what you get. I guess thats why Im more interested in those. It’s more than half cheaper than TE bars and flexx bars.

Damn... but I guess if that’s the price you pay... or not. The xrig ones are cheaper but still expensive for what you get. I guess thats why Im more interested in those. It’s more than half cheaper than TE bars and flexx bars.

True, but they don't even work half as good