DevonHonda

Anyone using Fasst Flexxbars on their Beta?

1 hour ago, randysoo said:

So have you tried it and how does it work? Flex bars have been around a long time.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Yes, I just said. IMO they're worthless. But they do add a bit of bling. When I sold my husky, I didn't bother taking them off. The buyer was really impressed with the look of them. BTW. they don't work with submount dampers. They're too wide

• Like 3

On 4/5/2018 at 11:15 PM, bluespark said:

I’ll be testing out the new AHIS clamps on a week long trip to Moab, starting Saturday. I’ll report back with results. 

F9301B96-75DF-43E3-BFCD-BD575BA83EFC.jpeg

5A332923-21D3-434E-8B72-EAACB77C155D.jpeg

I got the AHIS installed on my 300 and then spent a  week in Moab.  I think it made a big difference for my hands/forearms.  On past trips, the so called "slickrock" and constant rock hits really took a toll on me, especially on spring trips when I haven't ridden much over the winter.  I didn't even notice the AHIS was there,  but didn't wake up with locked up fingers/forearms.  They also survived a couple of hard drops no problem.  Lightweight and fully functional design!

This was the first product of this type I've tried but I'm convinced they did their job.

IMG_8405.jpeg

• Like 2

AHIS at $275 is worth every penny.  After using Flexx Bars for years I won't ride without some type of bar dampening system.  I bought some AHIS clamps at the beginning of the season and they are better in every way and considerably cheaper.  Full thoughts here https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1277901-bke-racing-ahis-advanced-handlebar-isolation-system/?page=2

• Like 1

Just installed the mako 360 with the softest orange polymers and blue shark bite, haven't went for a ride yet but there is some pretty good flex and movement im pretty sure its going to work very well!!

• Like 1

The great thing about Flexx bars, besides being tuneable and rebuildable, is that you can move them from bike to bike. I enjoyed mine Saturday on the third different bike (all with different triples) they have been mounted on.

• Like 2

As it is now I’m kind of looking for a much cheaper version of vibration reduction. I know the flex bar and mako etc work great. It’s just a whole lot of money. What is it costing after all is said and done? I mean it’s still worth it but Ive been good riding stock and gel grips etc. I’m open to something more at half the cost . I’ll still probably buy what’s out now later though. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Can these other solutions take a good hit?  I proved more than a few times the FlexxBars can. 

My AHIS clamps have taken some good hits so far.  No issues yet.  Have to straighten out my bars when the forks slip in the triple clamps like normal after a big hit but that has nothing to do with the AHIS.

AHIS at $275 is worth every penny.  After using Flexx Bars for years I won't ride without some type of bar dampening system.  I bought some AHIS clamps at the beginning of the season and they are better in every way and considerably cheaper.  Full thoughts here https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1277901-bke-racing-ahis-advanced-handlebar-isolation-system/?page=2

How much taller are they compared to the OEM Beta handlebar mounts?

According to the person on here that installed on their Beta they were 13mm (0.5") taller than the stock clamps.

For whoever is thinking of going to Fasstco Flexx bars. After the first of the year they will introduce a lighter new design that is being run on GNCC bikes now.

I am hesitant to go to the other options as I have raced for years with the Flexx bars and they are a lifesaver for old shoulders and wrists. Aside from the weight they are one of the better mods you will make. Handguards are in some ways a PIA. But the Cycra/BRP or Fasstco/EE system they offer are as good as you'll get. If you run a Clake there can some interference issues with the pivot knuckle so check with Owen @ Clake before you go that route.

In addition Fasstco customer service is as good as anyone in the power sports industry. Really accessible and easy to deal with.

• Like 1

The BRP pivoting handguard mounts are great. I go through a couple sets of basic EE guards a year from rock falls and everything else holds up fine! Low 10 deg sweep for me, anything that raises bars I'm not interested in.