KENDA MX TIRES

Has anybody tried any of the Kenda motocross/offroad tires? ie washougal II or millville II

When I first purchased my basket case 89 cr, it had a Kenda Millville on back, after I got it running, I rode it around and noticed it had pretty good grip, but it was worn, and I replaced both with a good set of intermediate Donlops.

When I first purchased my basket case 89 cr, it had a Kenda Millville on back, after I got it running, I rode it around and noticed it had pretty good grip, but it was worn, and I replaced both with a good set of intermediate Donlops.

thx cr-dude3

• Like 1

Southwick (soft) and the Washougal (intermediate) are great tires, never tried the Carlsbad. Most people go right for the Millville , hate the traction and the chunking and never go back, that is there worst tire.

I run  Southwicks all the time and use Washougal's when there out, the Washougal and Southwick fronts look identical.     

I put a set of Kenda 270 on my exc for Death Valley last weekend, great tire overall. Super soft compound and soft carcass, but that's typic Kenda, the wear wasn't bad after 500 miles @25psi and it was pretty smooth on the pavement. In sand/shale it did not perform well, but overall I'm happy with it. I'll still run 606's when there's no pavement requirement.

I pulled them up to 90mph a few times out on the playa but didn't want to tap it. Anyone have guidance on max speed, aside from the manufacturer rating obviously? Kind of hard to be out there and not pinning it for miles.

I guess I should have put more emphasis on the right part. It was surprisingly, incredibly, horribly squirrelly on hard pack to the point you could only feel disgust for the company to use just the hardest rubber available. The tread pattern was not for mud racing either.

so Jeffi, put your smartass attitude back where it belongs.

without knowing the tire or the psi that was ran in it, there is no way of telling whether it was user error or not.. a buddy of mine bought a tire designed for hard pack and it was scary as hell to ride on hard pack.. I checked the psi and he was running at 40psi when the tire was rated to 36 psi.. dropped it down to 17psi and it was near perfect.. my opinion is don't blame a brand, just the specific item or line of items..