Michigan Trail Condition Thread - Please post

There are a lot of us S.E. Michigan folks who have to drive a few hours to hit the trails. With the spring thaw coming I thought we could start a thread for people to report the condition of the trails they ride. That would help others to make the call of when and where they go.

So if you get out and ride something, take a second and let us know here where you rode and what the trail was like. Has the snow melted? is it too muddy? Etc.

Thanks!

Doc

• Like 7

Yep, that's what I want to know. Once the trails are reasonably dry i have a vacation day just waiting to be burned. The next 14+ days are supposed to be really nice. Hopefully the trails dry out enough to be rideable soon.

a mud bike? LMFBO....its a diiiirt biiike. hahahahah jk man. We will be getting muddy, and it will be worth every min of it next weekend. In doc's case I get it...haven't ridden in a lot of years...mud and water holes can be intimidating. Starting out on better conditions would probably be helpful.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF
  • Like 2

If the mud bothers ya just go around it,90% of the trail will be rideable.rode cedar creek 2 weeks ago still snow on bottom of hills but just went around the bad stuff.should be the same come the middle of this week and I'll be out there,then I will post then and let ya know.

• Like 1

If the mud bothers ya just go around it,90% of the trail will be rideable.rode cedar creek 2 weeks ago still snow on bottom of hills but just went around the bad stuff.should be the same come the middle of this week and I'll be out there,then I will post then and let ya know.

ridin over there this comin weekend. With the week ahead, it should be wet with a little leftover snow id imagine.

This is a good idea. We should be helping each other. I'm going to follow this thread and post what I encounter out on the trails myself. Wouldn't hurt to report to each other how well groomed given trails are, or aren't, while were at it.

Absolutely. In the mountain biking world there is a website with a thread for nearly every trail in Michigan. It's not uncommon to check a trail thread at 3PM and see a condition report of someone who rode the trail earlier that day. It's very convienent.

• Like 1

Ride the north loop of cedar creek today after work..a few swimming pools to go through but all and all was a blast..it's early in the year and rode a little on the edge and bit it pretty hard.lol..roosting around a burm and flew over the back side..lol..need some more seat time.

• Like 3

Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice.  I'm toying with the idea of going up to Ambrose Lake.  I really wanted to ride there because this is my first trail ride in 20+ years so I wanted to make sure I do something really easy.   I've been watching the weather in the West Branch area and it's actually been a little warmer than is has been down here in S.E. Michigan.  On the other hand I'd hate to drive 2 hours to find out it's still snow covered or a complete mud pit.

Whatcha thing?  Is there any chance it'll be rideable tomorrow?

• Like 2

Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice.  I'm toying with the idea of going up to Ambrose Lake.  I really wanted to ride there because this is my first trail ride in 20+ years so I wanted to make sure I do something really easy.   I've been watching the weather in the West Branch area and it's actually been a little warmer than is has been down here in S.E. Michigan.  On the other hand I'd hate to drive 2 hours to find out it's still snow covered or a complete mud pit.

Whatcha thing?  Is there any chance it'll be rideable tomorrow?

west branch mi:

Saturday 03/12
65 | 37 °F
Saturday 0 % Precip. / 0 in

Mostly sunny skies. High around 65F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.

cooler an

70% gonna rain sun

west branch mi in search bar

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Edited by THUMPERRRR