Michigan Trail Condition Thread - Please post

Michigan

Thumpper i actually like the north loop. If you are able to carry speed the whoops are fine (usually in 3rd or 4th on the 250f on that loop)...and deeper sand really only becomes a problem when people let it win. Maybe get a lil squirrely then get more timid...more timid...worse time in it.

Anywaya, just rode north loop tonight. Didnt get on the trail til bout 720 and it was still rainin...but with just 2 of us and no stops, was still quick/fun.

I rode Geels south loop yesterday.  A few wet spots but you can get around them.  Overall good ride.

Anybody on North Misaukee?

MCCT is clear north of the Boone store out passed 115 to the bench.

Anyone ride the kalkaska loop yet?  Long lake?

Rode Leota on Sunday. weather was crappy but the ride was pretty good. First time out on my new to me CRF450 and first ride in 5 yrs.

Pretty sandy by the trail head but got better the further out we got. Someone did a nice job clearing downed trees so that was nice.

Not a huge fan of Leota but it is the closest to me and was just happy to back out riding again.

Rode Big Bear and Crapo Creek on Saturday. Big Bear had a lot of downed trees. Many were easy to run over, maybe 6-8 required going around. Crapo Creek was mostly cleared, due majorly to the nice man on a Polaris with a chainsaw and other trail maintenance goodies.

Clips from Saturday.

Geels was cleared by Great Lakes Dual Sporters this weekend as well.

looks like some good riding man,,,

lookin at the VV map,,,

where's the parking at Big Bear/Crapo Creek???

Rode Big Bear and Crapo Creek on Saturday. Big Bear had a lot of downed trees. Many were easy to run over, maybe 6-8 required going around. Crapo Creek was mostly cleared, due majorly to the nice man on a Polaris with a chainsaw and other trail maintenance goodies.

Clips from Saturday.

Geels was cleared by Great Lakes Dual Sporters this weekend as well.

looks like some good riding man,,,

lookin at the VV map,,,

I somehow missed that video when it was posted.  Nice riding and edit Adam!

It's on the North Branch Route, which loops between/through the two trails. West side of Crapo Creek. There's other areas to park, but that's the official lot.

It's on the North Branch Route, which loops between/through the two trails. West side of Crapo Creek. There's other areas to park, but that's the official lot.

cool,,,

I see what looks to be parking lot(s) on dagon rd hey,,,

on the west side???

Edited by THUMPERRRR

Leetsville had a lot of water, we had to bypass several sections.  We rode probably 75% of it.  Besides that trail was great.

Rode tomahawk B last week and Bummers roost today as well as black lake. Will do Tomahawk C tomorrow.

Tomahawk is dry, some down trees but nothing out of the ordinary.

Bummers roost is partially dry, the spots that usually get wet are wet. No ones been out there on it this year, some down sticks and logs, nothing too bad.

Rode tomahawk B last week and Bummers roost today as well as black lake. Will do Tomahawk C tomorrow.

Tomahawk is dry, some down trees but nothing out of the ordinary.

Bummers roost is partially dry, the spots that usually get wet are wet. No ones been out there on it this year, some down sticks and logs, nothing too bad.

thks man...

Ran tomahawk c today and half of b. Trails are good to go

I rode Ambrose lake and part of the connector down to Ogema Hills. The trails were in great shape.

I rode Ambrose lake and part of the connector down to Ogema Hills. The trails were in great shape.

I like that area but I always hate hitting the quad ruts in corners, makes it difficult for me to ride.  

Anyone ride kalkaska south or north loop yet?  Would like to go there on Friday.

Going to try to hit North Missaukee on Saturday and get the first ride of the year on the books.

I hit Holton last week.  single track was great.  hasn't seem much use this year yet.  southeast part of the loop was whooped more than I remember though.  hope to ride Evart next week before I replace tires.  (beat up the old ones on Evart rocks)

Grand Traverse was groomed as of Wednesday. Still some whoops where the groomer was unable to travel. Wednesday nite crew didn't do too much damage.

[i was the last one through ]

Today we rode Tin Cup.  Its whooped out, sandy, and dusty as hell. Otherwise just like normal.