New Modell Beta RR 200

Just heard rumours about a new 200cc model coming next year to the enduro range. Anyone heard of this too or knows more?

Nope....I kind of doubt theres a 200 but who knows..Beta is selling out of the models they make now.Theyll have to make a bigger factory maybe..

Where did you hear?

I haven't heard anything about a 200 RR but if they do make one I'd be all over it. I'd be forced to own two Beta's. I definitely think it'd be an awesome bike and fill the gap that's present now in the model range. Also it'd be awesome if they used the Xtrainer frame for it so it's super light and flickable.

Edited by BoogieMan84

Someone told me who also heard a rumour. So no substantial information to be found. But maybe they heard that KTM will stop making a 200 and jumped right in.

Someone told me who also heard a rumour. So no substantial information to be found. But maybe they heard that KTM will stop making a 200 and jumped right in.

Actually ktm should keep making a 200 but have an xc trans instead of the w..or offer both. Really to me it doesnt make sense for Beta to make a 200 when their 300 xtrainer covers all the bases. 300 xtrainer is so mellow but lugs and motor still winds out. It kind of kills the benefits of a 200 motored enduro..unless they can figure a way to make the bike a lot lighter and keep the size of an xtrainer..idk..maybe but I wouldnt bet on it..xtrainers are selling out this year even with increased production this year..and the 300 rrs too..Beta is cranking sales better than ever it seems.

Actually ktm should keep making a 200 but have an xc trans instead of the w..or offer both. Really to me it doesnt make sense for Beta to make a 200 when their 300 xtrainer covers all the bases. 300 xtrainer is so mellow but lugs and motor still winds out. It kind of kills the benefits of a 200 motored enduro..unless they can figure a way to make the bike a lot lighter and keep the size of an xtrainer..idk..maybe but I wouldnt bet on it..xtrainers are selling out this year even with increased production this year..and the 300 rrs too..Beta is cranking sales better than ever it seems.

You are probably right on that, but I still like my little 200 and would love to see more players in this cc class. But sadly the KTM 200 is going away.

Ktm 200s with an xc trans but make them a little lower seat height and I think ktm could tap into the same customer that xtrainer is doing well with.. Thats common sense to me..ktm 200s have a following. Its hard now since the estart 300 6 speed 2 stroke just covers all the bases these days. I mean why have a 200 unless going for a specific class racing? ..but lower the seat height and there would be a rush to get them..

You are probably right on that, but I still like my little 200 and would love to see more players in this cc class. But sadly the KTM 200 is going away.

They should keep the 200. It has a big following and great reputation. That was the last dirtbike my Dad had..awesome bike. I wouldnt be surprised if it comes back in some variationin the future.. I rather have that than a 350 4t ktm..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

Would love a 200 from Beta. I agree on the cross over with the X trainer (I have a 200 ktm and a 300 XT) but I do love the 200 motor.  Anytime a 2-stroke displacement is pulled from a manufacturers product lineup, a little part of me dies inside.  

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/ktm/2008-ktm-200-xc-and-xc-w-ar51878.html

I'm guessing 2008 was the last time to have the 6 speed xc 200 model.. frick ..just bring back that model and keep the estart.. lots would be happy.

2008-ktm-200-xc-and-xc-w-2_800x0w.jpg

So it was gasgas, and ktm with 200's.. way before it was yamaha.. There was rumour before the xtrainers came out that a Beta 200 might come out.. but then the 300 xtrainer fixed that... 

This shows a bunch of 200s ..even trials bikes.. to get an idea of the category.

http://dirt-bikes.axlegeeks.com/d/d/200cc

looks like ktm had an xc in 2009 for 200.. but gasgas had a 200 till 2013.. I'd pick 2011 and earlier though for gasgas.. little lower seat height and still xc trans.

The RR250 is overlooked by most who just default to the RR300, perhaps BETA could offer a RR200 with lower seat height and less weight than the 250/300 and drop the 250? (but offer the 250 thermal unit as a NCO - barrel piston head etc for those that need a 250 for racing classes?)

For me, to pick a 200 over a 300 it would need to be down to sub 100Kg (like an XT) or closer to 90Kg to offset the loss of torque, I don't mind heaps of revs and gear changes if the bike is whippet like.....tons of fun...

The RR250 is overlooked by most who just default to the RR300, perhaps BETA could offer a RR200 with lower seat height and less weight than the 250/300 and drop the 250? (but offer the 250 thermal unit as a NCO - barrel piston head etc for those that need a 250 for racing classes?)

For me, to pick a 200 over a 300 it would need to be down to sub 100Kg (like an XT) or closer to 90Kg to offset the loss of torque, I don't mind heaps of revs and gear changes if the bike is whippet like.....tons of fun...

Yea.. I agree to a point.. well it's an avenue to go.. but the Beta 250 rr is bad ass ...and still so easy to ride fast and slow.....and yea the big thing is the xtrainer... it's a little smaller and now guys are fooling with suspension.. the 300 rr pipes cross over too if guys want.. so that's a smaller bike that is not designed for going fast but that isn't stopping guys from modding up to make it cross a little over to the rr and race edition.. The thing is that the 250 and 300 are so easy to ride that the 200 size just doesn't seem like something that needs a demand.. like you say though.. if it can be made real light and keep the small size like the xtrainer size . Really the gasgas size from around 2011 2009 or so and earlier was a smaller size..and seat height.. that worked good for the not as tall crowd that should have a bike that works better for their size. I loved my 01 gasgas 300ec.. but it was a little too small for my size.. I gave the bike to my cousin and he loved that bike.. I think he was around 5'7 or 5'8.. not sure taller or shorter..but it fit him great.. like the xtrainer size or lower.. He loved that bike.. he would keep thanking me after a good ride over and over about how he loved his gasgas. I was happy he was just there to ride with. Interesting category this 200 class.. it's been sort of abandoned a little..but there are guys locally that are tearing up the trails with ktm 200's. They like it.. and they don't have any problems making anything from what I can see.  Shit Roon it would be cool though huh.. Beta dropping another big bomb.. a light 200 2t ripper for the trails!!!! who knows?

Yea.. I agree to a point.. well it's an avenue to go.. but the Beta 250 rr is bad ass ...and still so easy to ride fast and slow.....and yea the big thing is the xtrainer... it's a little smaller and now guys are fooling with suspension.. the 300 rr pipes cross over too if guys want.. so that's a smaller bike that is not designed for going fast but that isn't stopping guys from modding up to make it cross a little over to the rr and race edition.. The thing is that the 250 and 300 are so easy to ride that the 200 size just doesn't seem like something that needs a demand.. like you say though.. if it can be made real light and keep the small size like the xtrainer size . Really the gasgas size from around 2011 2009 or so and earlier was a smaller size..and seat height.. that worked good for the not as tall crowd that should have a bike that works better for their size. I loved my 01 gasgas 300ec.. but it was a little too small for my size.. I gave the bike to my cousin and he loved that bike.. I think he was around 5'7 or 5'8.. not sure taller or shorter..but it fit him great.. like the xtrainer size or lower.. He loved that bike.. he would keep thanking me after a good ride over and over about how he loved his gasgas. I was happy he was just there to ride with. Interesting category this 200 class.. it's been sort of abandoned a little..but there are guys locally that are tearing up the trails with ktm 200's. They like it.. and they don't have any problems making anything from what I can see.  Shit Roon it would be cool though huh.. Beta dropping another big bomb.. a light 200 2t ripper for the trails!!!! who knows?

I think the X-Trainer is the true spiritual successor of the earlier, smaller KTM 200's.  It too is smaller and has an even more manageable yet strong motor.  It would probably be an even trade of the low-end grunt of the detuned 300cc motor for the light-weight feeling of a smaller, less-torquey 200cc motor.  

The RR250 is easily overlooked.  My dealer thought I was crazy for not ordering the 300 but the 250 is well mannered at low rpms yet has plenty of power on tap with a twist of the wrist.  It does the 200cc idea better probably than the current KTM 200 XC-W.

BTW: GasGas is still producing a 200cc model.

Dunno how much an xtrainer weighs, but the only dirtbikes I've ridden lighter than my 200exc were motocross 125s.

BTW: GasGas is still producing a 200cc model.

Much want. Leftover stock.

Great bike IMHO. But would not buy without Magic-Button. All of the new GasGas come with E-Start. A very good dealer here in Germany says, that it proved reliable in the last years.

Great bike IMHO. But would not buy without Magic-Button. All of the new GasGas come with E-Start. A very good dealer here in Germany says, that it proved reliable in the last years.

It is electric start, and going cheap. My Kato is kick only... won't be buying another new bike without an electric leg.

Maybe my Tee did not kick in yet, but I cant make out an electric leg on your picture.

Maybe my Tee did not kick in yet, but I cant make out an electric leg on your picture.

I dont see one on the left side. It is I that needs tea. No wonder it was cheap. :lol:

Edit: my apologies .

Edited by BushPig