Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread

Hey Guys,
Just a friendly mention to be cautious up there.  I was doing some riding yesterday and the place was mobbed.  Especially at the Darkwater lot with SXS.  I was doing some singletrack and had to cross over a dirt road to pick up the trail again and almost got blasted by a SXS going wide open.   Word to the wise:  look both ways when crossing the double track too, lots of quads and they were in a hurry, to say the least.  Also, don't assume you're the only one on a trail, I had two almost head-on collisions. When it comes to dirtbike versus Side by side/quads, guess who's going for the helicopter ride?
Stay in the woods, its much safer.
And I like the weekdays much better too.

I was just at a Husky dealer where a guy had his all but new 100 mile TE300 in for repairs because somebody on a 4x4 or SXS (can’t remember which they said) slammed into the back of him and sent him down in a ditch. This person stopped and yelled down to the guy something he couldn’t make out because his English was bad and before he could respond the guy bolted. 2.5k in damages. Don’t recall what area they said this happened at. Be careful.

Riding Darkwater wed, mid morning start, exploring around.

Hey want a ride along partner? Looks like I can do a few hours, be up there at the Darkwater lot at about 10:45-11:00 if you can swing over then.
-Jason

Hey want a ride along partner? Looks like I can do a few hours, be up there at the Darkwater lot at about 10:45-11:00 if you can swing over then.
-Jason
Hey Jason we're going to be there about 9:30 but we can always swing back and meet you around 11

19 hours ago, Flintnor said:

If anyone is interested I’m going to sell my 2017 150 XCW I currently have 75 hours on it and approximately 1000 miles I have Golden tires on it with 12 hours skid plate MUFFLER guard bark busters I have the original carburetor but I’m currently running lectron carb v Force reeds in an RK tech head.

I might be interested, I’m thinking about a newer, lighter bike.  Plus a 150 is something my son might be able to move into when he outgrows his TTR125.  Can you PM me details?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snydes said:

I was just at a Husky dealer where a guy had his all but new 100 mile TE300 in for repairs because somebody on a 4x4 or SXS (can’t remember which they said) slammed into the back of him and sent him down in a ditch. This person stopped and yelled down to the guy something he couldn’t make out because his English was bad and before he could respond the guy bolted. 2.5k in damages. Don’t recall what area they said this happened at. Be careful.

Hey Snydes,  you're right, you can't be too careful.  I've been riding up here for 10 yrs. &  until this year, had not heard of anything like what is going on this year.  I'm retired & thank my lucky stars I ride on weekdays.   PK

• Like 1

I might be interested, I’m thinking about a newer, lighter bike.  Plus a 150 is something my son might be able to move into when he outgrows his TTR125.  Can you PM me details?

It’s a 2017 150 xcw RK tech head V force reeds right now I have a lectron carb on it but I have the original I’d really like to keep the Lectron
Bark busters skid plate I have a FMF exhaust on it I have original exhaust as well 80 hours in 1100 miles about

17 hours ago, bikesandcars said:

Riding Darkwater wed, mid morning start, exploring around.

Hey Guy,  just about all my riding is on a weekday.  This week, not good. But would like to hookup & do a ride. I coordinate with a good riding "Buddy" out of northern Jersey.  I'll take a peak at the weather for next week & pick a good day.  Stay safe.   PK

Hey Guy,  just about all my riding is on a weekday.  This week, not good. But would like to hookup & do a ride. I coordinate with a good riding "Buddy" out of northern Jersey.  I'll take a peak at the weather for next week & pick a good day.  Stay safe.   PK
Sounds good, I only do weekdays right now due to work / family schedule, which also works great for my riding buddy. We had a good casual ride yesterday: followed the single track course north of the dark water parking lot and around that mountain. Nice trail, challenging rock gardens. Also explored the area south across the road but it was all atv / roads. Jochuma usually has a fun mid week ride, love riding with him too
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Flintnor said:

It’s a 2017 150 xcw RK tech head V force reeds right now I have a lectron carb on it but I have the original I’d really like to keep the Lectron
Bark busters skid plate I have a FMF exhaust on it I have original exhaust as well 80 hours in 1100 miles about

I tried to PM you but it says you're not receiving messages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orange Crush 500 said:

Can I ride on the same day i get a new permit? Or do I have to preorder a permit? What documents would I need to bring with me to get a permit? Thanks

Yes and there are local place to purchase the permit even on a Saturday or at their office during the week.  It is a very simple process and you will need your driver license, proof of insurance for each vehicle you intend to rid there and registration for anything other than a dirt bike.  

https://readingoutdoors.com/annual-permits

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread