Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread

Looks like Chris, Doug and myself will be riding on Saturday (5/26).  We will be parked at our usual spot (Burma Rd).  We should be arriving around 9:00am.  I’ll be going a little slower (than normal) until I get some riding time. The Pied Piper (Chris) has agreed to wait at the turns like he always does.

Lunch will be catered (pasta salad and chicken salad) by Chef Chris as is the norm.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, it’s been too long.  

Please rsvp so the Chef can plan accordingly ?

P.s. I will have the elusive Beta, as well as my trusty steed (Ms. Piggy).

Edited by Rgksr
  • Like 2

Looks like Chris, Doug and myself will be riding on Saturday (5/26).  We will be parked at our usual spot (Burma Rd).  We should be arriving around 9:00am.  I’ll be going a little slower (than normal) until I get some riding time. The Pied Piper (Chris) has agreed to wait at the turns like he always does.
Lunch will be catered (pasta salad and chicken salad) by Chef Chris as is the norm.

I will try to make it as well right now it is looking good. [emoji41]

Folks, I know this is not the right thread but I was wondering if anyone had any feedback or pointers on Lost Trails.  You can PM me if you know anything so we do not take up space here.   I'm meeting a buddy there who is driving down from MA and it is considerable closer then RAC which is the only reason we are going there instead of RAC.  Thanks, Tom

2 hours ago, john pellechia said:

No, this will be the maiden voyage...can't be that hard to figure out, can it?

I was riding with Pat last time who is there almost every week.   None of the trails are marked there.   So,  I hope your sense of direction is better than mine

• Like 1

10 hours ago, john pellechia said:

No, this will be the maiden voyage...can't be that hard to figure out, can it?

You can figure it out yourself, I did. But it will take time. Do not ride fast pass any trail the first time. There are a bunch of blind 20 & 30 foot drops. If you can, record the GPS tracks where you ride. Any smartphone can run an app for it

• Like 1

I was riding with Pat last time who is there almost every week.   None of the trails are marked there.   So,  I hope your sense of direction is better than mine
Do yourself a favor, set a waive point on google maps or ? for the parking lot. At least it will give you a direction of travel or you could always ride the pavement back.
I still get turned around up there.
  • Like 1

We wouldn’t miss this for the world!

+2 please

Perfect [emoji106]
See you then.

23 hours ago, RandyNJ said:

Ok,  have you been there before? Only there once myself 

I was there once with Pat, at Darkwater. I would say I know the general layout of the area but not specific trails. I can bring a GPS and cell service isn't too bad. Should be a good day for it!

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread