pat22043

Pennsylvania Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread

4 hours ago, pat22043 said:

KDX200 is an underrated bike for FRO

Oh, I don't know.

Steve and Mrs Enduro ride KLX 140s; Misty rides a TT R125.  

They seem to always make it. :ride:

If you mean underrated as in "gems that get the job done" then I fully agree :thumbsup:

Edited by N3YMY
  • Like 2

Nothing wrong with Team Green. I probably would have gotten one if wasn’t lazy in needing a magic button in my life.

Mrs and I will be up Sunday weather permitting.

Whatever happened to the ancient Greek brothers Bob and Chris are they still riding? One of my goals is to ride with them soon this year.

On 5/3/2018 at 4:50 PM, pat22043 said:

Had a great intro ride with Mark today. We rode 21.5 miles. I hope that 12 maybe even 15 miles were new to Mark.

Hey Pat,

It was a great ride.  Thanks for showing me some new spots.  Im in again for this Saturday. I ride slow-medium pace

-Mark

If state police are being used to check permits on private land, that is some epic waste of state resources!  
Hey, welcome to New Jersey. Oh, Pa too.

3 hours ago, N3YMY said:

If you mean underrated as in "gems that get the job done" then I fully agree :thumbsup:

Yes, underrated bikes that are  inexpensive and get the job done. The KDX200/220 is a winner, but a bit taller than Misty's and Steve's bikes

9 hours ago, p3ace101 said:

I'm going to be going Friday for the first time. Anyone else going that I could tag along with?

Mike, Misty and I plan to be Darkwater friday, not sure of when, probably 10 or 10:30 meetup

I'm looking to ride on Saturday, but I have to pick-up my bike in the morning. Should be there at 11:30, ready to ride around 12noon.

1 hour ago, Flintnor said:

Whatever happened to the ancient Greek brothers Bob and Chris are they still riding? One of my goals is to ride with them soon this year.

Chris rides regularly, Bob had a quadruple heart bypass the week after Dirty Santa. He is recovering well and expects to be riding very soon. Maybe as soon as this weekend. Bob will be taking it easy, and Chris, well we know what kind of trails @cdk considers "easy warm up trails"

• Like 2

Chris rides regularly, Bob had a quadruple heart bypass the week after Dirty Santa. He is recovering well and expects to be riding very soon. Maybe as soon as this weekend. Bob will be taking it easy, and Chris, well we know what kind of trails [mention=487901]cdk[/mention] considers "easy warm up trails"

I have not heard about or have I seen him ride since the dirty Santa run I really liked riding with then guys and I’d like to get to ride with them again soon!

3 hours ago, Mr and Mrs Enduro said:

Nothing wrong with Team Green. I probably would have gotten one if wasn’t lazy in needing a magic button in my life.

Mrs and I will be up Sunday weather permitting.

I may end up regretting selling my 230f for that reason

Probably looking to ride Sunday... primarily singletrack. Pace negotiable. I can hang pretty good with faster guys, as long as we’re not going race pace. I can ride slower pace too, as long as we are in the singletrack.

Hope I’m not being too picky... I have a short attention span... double track and haul roads don’t do it for me.

Edited by Shadowflag

I rode wed with a good buddy, beautiful day. We got checked by RAC security, very nice guy. RAC Gives PA Law Enforcement a free pass, they like having active cops on their land even if it's for fun and not for work... In their words an extra set of trained eyes, but my buddy is not going to be checking your pass :)

7 hours ago, Shadowflag said:

Probably looking to ride Sunday... primarily singletrack. Pace negotiable. I can hang pretty good with faster guys, as long as we’re not going race pace. I can ride slower pace too, as long as we are in the singletrack.

Hope I’m not being too picky... I have a short attention span... double track and haul roads don’t do it for me.

If it wasn't Mothers Day I would get out there with you.  The first mothers day after my son was born I went out riding for the day.......at the time I didn't think anything of it-    That evening when I got home ....I learned not to do that anymore!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, pat22043 said:

Mike, Misty and I plan to be Darkwater friday, not sure of when, probably 10 or 10:30 meetup

10-1030 works for me. I'll be in a blue Silverado with a yellow DRZ in the back.

16 hours ago, JerseyLou62 said:

I'm looking to ride on Saturday, but I have to pick-up my bike in the morning. Should be there at 11:30, ready to ride around 12noon.

There's a good chance I will be able to make it on Saturday and I'll confirm tomorrow.  

• Like 1

Just keep an eye on the shit weather fellas. Mrs has a dirt riding class Saturday (ultimate Mother’s Day gift from me ) and we also planned on riding Sunday but it looks like the weekend is going to be a wash. The only reason it’s raining is cause I got my suspension redone and need to test it out yet. If that didn’t happen.. the weather would be perfect!

Rode Burma today with @RandyNJ and @pek and my buddy Kevin. It rained. The whole time. Trails were not too bad, but my goggles fogged up completely. As soon as Kevin and I started loading up, the rain stopped. As we drove home, the sun came out. Beautiful now at home. Where was this sunny blue sky when I was up at FRO?

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 11:55 AM, pat22043 said:

That is way too early for me, but I'm thinking Burma about 10, so I'll look for you on the trails

5/10/18     4:50 pm

Don't want you to think I just rode off into the blue this morning. I saw a trail I hadn't been on before & went to check it out, when I returned you guys had gone off in another direction.  Could not hear a bike, and at that point I felt I had enough of a ride & enough rain.  So, I called it a day but I hope to see you again soon, take care.   PK

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pek said:

I saw a trail I hadn't been on before & went to check it out, when I returned you guys had gone off in another direction.  Could not hear a bike, and at that point I felt I had enough of a ride & enough rain. 

Just like a young guy, PK sees a new trail and follows it like a bunny. Anyone else, I'd worry about you riding alone, but you've been riding these trails forever. Yeah, got tired of the rain too. See you soon