pat22043

Pennsylvania Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread

41 minutes ago, Southernend said:

Had a good ride yesterday at valley road. Ended up with 35 miles of almost entirely single track. 6 in our group with 2 great new riders that had just purchased FRO permits this week. Can't wait for the next ride. Doc didn't get a chance to say goodbye yesterday. I turned around and you were gone. Thanks for riding along and hopefully we showed you some new trail 👍.

It was a damn good day- yes, lots of new trails !  100% in for the next one. 

• Like 1

We caught a glimpse of an electric dirt bike running around up there but I couldn’t recognize what model it was. Electric is getting real.

• Like 2

Yo E we all crashed and burned yesterday. We're at home licking our wounds and patching our faces lol. 

• Like 2

Where is everybody? Sunday Funday’s should not be weather permitting! IMG_5767.thumb.JPG.bb319abfd729a2a947157f6abb989233.JPG

Not sure I knew anybody was riding today or I probably could've

PS what's wrong with the weather it's just like a ongoing bike wash

• Like 2

Kevin did you take the headlight off to save it from the rocks or did you already sacrifice it to the FRO gods? They love headlights I should know. I busted 2 so far up there. 

I broke it and my right shroud replace them both so I got a number plate For now until I need a head light and then I’ll pop it on.

• Like 1

Not sure I knew anybody was riding today or I probably could'vePS what's wrong with the weather it's just like a ongoing bike wash

Do to the weather I wasn’t making a day of it I just wanted to find some rocks (yeah good luck right?) to test out the suspension I had done on the Beta. Mission accomplished! Bike is awesome. Just didn’t push it with the wet rocks and roots and being alone. But there was noticeably much more control.

1 hour ago, Southernend said:

Yo E we all crashed and burned yesterday. We're at home licking our wounds and patching our faces lol. 

Ha ha ha -  "patching our faces" what a ball buster !      I felt like an ass- I rode by the poor bastard when he was stoped bleeding on the trail- I yelled stuff at him as I went by -  I had no idea he was sitting there with a big gash in his face!

God punished me later for it- when I got in thar quagmire on the hill- all started becuse I got distracted by that blue Yahmaha part! 

Then again - lots of blue Yahmaha parts on the trail!  

• Like 2

lol,don;t worry about my bloody face, its all part of boys being boys - LOL Here is you taking on the hill, looked good! Woulda had it but there was carnage on top in your way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jochuma3 said:

Ha ha ha -  "patching our faces" what a ball buster !      I felt like an ass- I rode by the poor bastard when he was stoped bleeding on the trail- I yelled stuff at him as I went by -  I had no idea he was sitting there with a big gash in his face!

God punished me later for it- when I got in thar quagmire on the hill- all started becuse I got distracted by that blue Yahmaha part! 

Then again - lots of blue Yahmaha parts on the trail!  

I love watching carnage go down especially when it's not me lol! Heal up girls round 2's coming up 😆

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jochuma3 said:

Did you lose your keys this time too?

• Like 1

Flint thats a beautiful looking bike.. is the black seat, tank shrouds and fork guards the stock color for 2018?. 

Yes

Had a great ride yesterday (Monday) at Burma. I expected a mud mess after all the rain but conditions were great. Just wet enough for no dust and most puddles were avoidable.

Found some new to me ST. Also found some that is getting very overgrown. Its becoming that time of year again.

Had a great ride yesterday (Monday) at Burma. I expected a mud mess after all the rain but conditions were great. Just wet enough for no dust and most puddles were avoidable.

Found some new to me ST. Also found some that is getting very overgrown. Its becoming that time of year again.

I found some new to me ST off Burma as well on Sunday. I’d like to get back there when my goggles aren’t all fogged up to see what it actually looks like lol.

IMG_5788.JPG
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, RandyNJ said:

Any slower riders around next Friday, May 25th?

That may work for me. I'm going to Hatfield-McCoy first part of the week. The weather looks very wet, I'm hoping they are wrong and I can get in a couple of days of riding in. But if I'm rained out there, I'll be back and if its dry Friday, I'll be dying to ride in the dry

That may work for me. I'm going to Hatfield-McCoy first part of the week. The weather looks very wet, I'm hoping they are wrong and I can get in a couple of days of riding in. But if I'm rained out there, I'll be back and if its dry Friday, I'll be dying to ride in the dry

We ride rain or shine at H-M! Not making that trip for nothing. That being said I’ll probably use Friday to recover and bounce around FRO sometime over next weekend.

1 hour ago, Mr and Mrs Enduro said:

We ride rain or shine at H-M! Not making that trip for nothing. That being said I’ll probably use Friday to recover and bounce around FRO sometime over next weekend.

You and the Mrs and Eric may ride in pouring rain. Me, I'm bringing a book.

• Like 1