pat22043

Pennsylvania Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread

5 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs Enduro said:

I never post public pins to ST. But I’d be damned if I could ever find that section again as it is anyway. I will say I believe it was part of the DS afternoon loop last year.

I know you don't I was kind of putting it out there so everybody would see it because the forum's gotten away from that lately. What prompted me to say that was the D6 Hare Scramble in September used a bunch of our single track which is fine we don't own it. The issue is they never took their arrows down. So guess what happened over the last month every jackass riding by there on a quad saw those arrows and decided to follow them. I was up there on Friday and the second half of our singletrack Loop looks like a f****** Jeep ran through it . ATV tracks through the mud everywhere with big ruts- just looks like s*** now.  

• Like 1

I know you don't I was kind of putting it out there so everybody would see it because the forum's gotten away from that lately. What prompted me to say that was the D6 Hare Scramble in September used a bunch of our single track which is fine we don't own it. The issue is they never took their arrows down. So guess what happened over the last month every jackass riding by there on a quad saw those arrows and decided to follow them. I was up there on Friday and the second half of our singletrack Loop looks like a f****** Jeep ran through it . ATV tracks through the mud everywhere with big ruts- just looks like s*** now.  

I saw that! Burma was no different. Arrows and ribbon still up. Good tracks.. some of it not even st.. totally ruined!

4 hours ago, Mr and Mrs Enduro said:

Trail less traveled

Hey Guys,  I would really like to get a handle on this trail.  The need to protect that St, I'm with you all the way.  If you chose to share that info, what is the best way to do that ?         PK

12 minutes ago, pek said:

Hey Guys,  I would really like to get a handle on this trail.  The need to protect that St, I'm with you all the way.  If you chose to share that info, what is the best way to do that ?         PK

I agree, some new st would be great, especially when there ruining a lot of single track with the mining going on, me and about 8 of my buddies are thinking about not joining next year, the price goes up and the trials are going away

You bet,  with whats going on east of the lot is a shock.  If you cross Burma rd.  &  go east past where the gun fire is there is good ST & when you come to the end of that ST yyou are at Burma rd.  Cross over & there is more ST over there. So there is still more good riding to be had.  

The thing is the permit costs about the same as 2 enduros.  We still have a pretty good deal.  Right now we have to put up with their mining,  but thats temporary.  For me to get to St. Clair,  its a hall.  But still worth it.      PK

5 hours ago, Mr and Mrs Enduro said:

Trail less traveled

Sheesh, I like to go riding to get away from yard work

• Like 3

If D6 didn't take their ribbon and arrows down please contact them. Go to this link http://www.d6mx.org/hare-scramble.html and contact them. I know all of these guys and I am surprised it wasn't taken care of on Sunday afternoon as soon as the race was finished. Pictures or video always help.

If you need any further information please feel free to PM me. I am not on here as much as I used to be so please be patient with the reply but I will get back to you.

Nice ST was destroyed at dark water couple months ago by running a score race on it. South side of dark water up top. The same trail they used in RORR enduro was totally destroyed by the quads with big ass ruts and mud holes. All the ribbons and arrows were still up. Between that and the logging they did up top over half the ST is gone. I haven't been back since. 

Who would be riding this weekend? What day what lot and what time? Please thank you

19 hours ago, Southernend said:

Nice ST was destroyed at dark water couple months ago by running a score race on it. South side of dark water up top. The same trail they used in RORR enduro was totally destroyed by the quads with big ass ruts and mud holes. All the ribbons and arrows were still up. Between that and the logging they did up top over half the ST is gone. I haven't been back since. 

Boy, I didn't know that,  damned shame.  I also thought that Valley rd. Was being actively mined & that it was a no no to ride there.  But in the last 2 weeks there have been people rideing there without a problem.  Can anybody shed some light on that area.    PK

Boy, I didn't know that,  damned shame.  I also thought that Valley rd. Was being actively mined & that it was a no no to ride there.  But in the last 2 weeks there have been people rideing there without a problem.  Can anybody shed some light on that area.    PK

Yeah it’s easy. Don’t ride where there’s active equipment or personnel . We didn’t see any one working the other Saturday when we parked at the new lot 3 and rode in. Weekdays are different. There’s enough double track around there to skirt you from one side to the other to get to various ST.

Still looking for someone to ride with this weekend? Also does anyone have GPS coordinates for the new lot to replace Valley Road lot?

I will be dark water lot 830 9 o’clock Sunday good C riders if anyone cares to join

On 10/12/2018 at 7:55 AM, Flintnor said:

I will be dark water lot 830 9 o’clock Sunday good C riders if anyone cares to join

On 10/12/2018 at 7:55 AM, Flintnor said:

Would like to catch a ride with you,  but this Sunday doesn't look doable.  Would you ever be open for a week day ride?    PK

Would like to catch a ride with you,  but this Sunday doesn't look doable.  Would you ever be open for a week day ride?    PK

Maybe someday when I takeoff work during the week.

Today Sunday 9 AM dark water lot white 2018 ford F1 50

Hey flintnor, I will be up there later today if you want to double back to the truck around 11. White f250 yz250. My riding buddy bagged on me today.

10 hours ago, Flintnor said:

Maybe someday when I takeoff work during the week.

Today Sunday 9 AM dark water lot white 2018 ford F1 50

I'd like that, just give a shout.     PK

Just opened AMA mag that came yesterday. Very interesting on PG 13- looks like RAC got 225K from state to develop more trails- more interesting , 174K went to "Construct Burma MX and ATV Park" on Burma Road- wonder what that means? They putting in a MX track? Looks like they are really going in on this off road business plan and the riding pass isn't just a side note anymore. I know we all have mixed views on all this - but at the end of the day, a legal place to ride is a better option than no where to ride.

• Like 2

On 10/9/2018 at 8:29 PM, YZPaGuy said:

If D6 didn't take their ribbon and arrows down please contact them. Go to this link http://www.d6mx.org/hare-scramble.html and contact them. I know all of these guys and I am surprised it wasn't taken care of on Sunday afternoon as soon as the race was finished. Pictures or video always help.

If you need any further information please feel free to PM me. I am not on here as much as I used to be so please be patient with the reply but I will get back to you.

I publicly asked them on their FB page and within hours was banned and no reasoning was given. I wasn't being a dick either, just asked when they were going to go remove their trash and that was that. 

• Like 1