pat22043

Pennsylvania Famous Reading Outdoors riding meetup thread

14 hours ago, Sal Khan said:

Update. Just talked to guy I'm meeting and he's looking at closer to 10am since he's driving 5.5 hours (they're riding Sunday too). I'm still gonna get there around 9:30ish to warm up. My sciatica is bad and I want to see how it on the bike. 

I will be there around 9:30 as well.  Subaru with trailer and a white Husqvarna.

1 hour ago, Ridingdutchman said:

I will be there around 9:30 as well.  Subaru with trailer and a white Husqvarna.

Running a little behind. Back is really bugging me so a little slow. 

1 hour ago, Ridingdutchman said:

Hey Sunny, rode with you the other week.  I'm looking for single track too.

I need lots practice on single track but personally don't think I'm going try it today. 

53 minutes ago, FlyingXCF said:

Hope we catch a break with the weather I really need to get out.

Today looks to be great. Wish I was riding. Anytime its over 40 and sunny in the winter....

• Like 1

Looks like after Thursday (as of right now anyway) we might get a couple nice days if the rain isn’t too bad. If my back loosens up I’m going to try to get out each day even if it’s just to run some of the single track around the Dark Water parking lot for practice (And so I don’t have to go to the gym 😁). I feel like I’m forgetting how to ride. Hahaha

Good to see this thread. It slowed down for a while. If the snow holds out, I'll be up on a few weeks. Have fun.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ken350 said:

But will the snow be gone by then? I hope as I want to ride also

With the warm weather and rain coming it's a possibility. Problem is in the woods with the shade. Can get sketchy around there. I might head up there tomorrow afternoon and scope it out. Looks rain chances are 50/50 right now for Saturday and Sunday. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 5:53 PM, Sal Khan said:

With the warm weather and rain coming it's a possibility. Problem is in the woods with the shade. Can get sketchy around there. I might head up there tomorrow afternoon and scope it out. Looks rain chances are 50/50 right now for Saturday and Sunday. 

Alright I'm at Dark Water now and talked to some guys in the parking lot. They said it was muddy as hell especially on the main pathways but no ice!

They did say the Burma road area was better so I think I'll head up there tomorrow. I'll be in the lot around 9:30 and maybe take off around 10 if anyone wants to join. I'm still not comfortable going out too far solo so if I'm by myself I'll swing back by the car every 30 minutes or so in case anyone shows up later and wants to lead. I have a silver VW Touareg TDI with a hitch carrier!

Edited by Sal Khan

4 hours ago, traysor said:

Anyone riding Wednesday 1/15? I'd like to get a ride in before the weather goes back to winter temps.

AS long as you teach me how to do wheelies. ;):D

13 hours ago, Sal Khan said:

AS long as you teach me how to do wheelies. ;):D

Burma lot. Ready to ride at 10:00 if anyone wants to join in.

Excellent riding Sunday and even today! Mud wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be!

Had my ass kicked by some single track today following Tim but I desperately needed the practice. I think I get claustrophobic with all those trees around. Hahaha But damn he's smooth and quick. 😁

It's not too exciting and poorly edited but I threw about an hour of my Sunday ride with PJ if here anyone is interested:

You'd think with my love of tech I'd be better at editing but you'd be very wrong. 😁

• Like 2

anyone planning to ride Monday? it looks cold but I need to get some seat time in. I’m a new member, only been out twice before and had a guide, so I’m still learning the trails. it will be myself and a buddy. we’re looking to ride singletrack and we’re not very fast. 

5 hours ago, rkdwp said:

anyone planning to ride Monday? it looks cold but I need to get some seat time in. I’m a new member, only been out twice before and had a guide, so I’m still learning the trails. it will be myself and a buddy. we’re looking to ride singletrack and we’re not very fast. 

Sounds my speed but I'm not fully familiar with area yet either. 

My only concern would be ice and frost! It rained a decent amount over the past few days and has been chilly plus they're calling for 4-8" Saturday which won't help. I might head up there in the car Sunday and look around to see what it looks like.