4 wheelers.

There are way too many out there and their sales are going through the roof. The should be limmited to those who are physically unable to ride a two wheeler. Most 4 wheeler operators aren't smart enough to put a helmet on. I know we are all in the same group, but I think they suck and are killiing the sport. Dirt bikes were here first!! Get rid of them 4 wheelers or limmit production. These are my true feelings and they are directed mostly to the machine and not the operators.

There hasn't been a good flame for a while. ?

For those of you that have been to

Glamis I hope you all agree that those narrowed sand drag quads are gay!! They can't turn, can't jump, but they can go straight. Whoopy Fun!!! The only fun quads are the ones built for desert racing that are lifted and have long travel suspension. These are fun to jump but will never compare to my 400!

------------------

Khris

When in doubt, GAS IT!

What are you, YELLOW?

There sure are tons of ATVs out there,way more over the last couple of years.Up here they are trying to pass new legislation to regulate them better.They sure do trash the trails and make it look bad for other off-roaders.There are good ATV operators out there that respect the trails but lots of the guys riding them are drunk and just mow over whatever gets in thier way.I really shouldn't say too much,because we sell boatloads of the damn things and they put bread on my table so to speak,but something needs to be done.Just my 2 cents.

Mike,

I hope your just being a butthead!? ? Using words like "ban" or "limit" recreation others find pleasurable puts you in the same category as the environazis IMHO. Please tell me your kidding! Please!

Originally posted by mike68:

There are way too many out there and their sales are going through the roof. The should be limmited to those who are physically unable to ride a two wheeler. Most 4 wheeler operators aren't smart enough to put a helmet on. I know we are all in the same group, but I think they suck and are killiing the sport. Dirt bikes were here first!! Get rid of them 4 wheelers or limmit production. These are my true feelings and they are directed mostly to the machine and not the operators.

There hasn't been a good flame for a while. :D

[This message has been edited by Bryan Bosch (edited 05-11-2001).]

I just can't stand the F N things. I think there are WAY to many of them. Would I lobby against them or try and put restrictions on them...NO. Would I be upset if manufacturers didn't make so many. hell NO. Are they gonna do more dammage to the sport than dirt bikes...Yes. Cars for hillbillies. Rides for the skillless. What ever you want to call them. There are just too many. The ATV are the major target for the evo freaks. All the advertisemnt for them shows the tearing through mud and wetlands. Although we are one as a group, there are more idiots on 4-wheelers than ever before. I really don't care what happens to them. The 3 wheeler got banned from production. I wouldn't miss the 4 wheeler if the same happened but would still fight on the side of 4 wheeler owners. If there were a way to regulate the production of four wheelers and it was guarnteed never to effect dirt bikes I would sit and watch it happen. If four wheelers got banned or regulated I know we would be next, that makes me support them. That is the only reason, otherwise I would let them die by the wayside. I know I am stepping on a lot of toes here, I even owned one myself when I was young and I rode it like an idiot. I do not miss, but do regret those days.

Hey did I tell you guys that Jake got passed by a quad last time we were going down Hacketts Gulch in Woodland Park.

I even forgot to dig him about it so please help me out here.

The rider did have a helmet on at least and I could see no visible signs of beer or hairy belly hanging out.

?

Bryan...

Grits is a red neck food for the southern folk. I think it consists of pigs feet, lard and chicken beaks. Don't quote me on that. I've never lived below the mason/dixon line.

[This message has been edited by mike68 (edited 05-11-2001).]

I cant believe what I’m hearing, “Get rid of them 4 wheelers or limmit production” & “something needs to be done”. Sounds like this site has a couple of closet Greenies.

But what do I know I’m just a drunk that mows over whatever gets in my way, hell bent on destroying mother earth with my ATV and WR.

------------------

Alaskan rider, '00 WR400FM, WR timing, air box lid removed,Throttle stop trimmed,Baffle removed, MSR skid plate, Works frame guards.

----------------------

'00 Grizzly YFM600

ALL TERAIN VEHICLE

Your all southern boys to me. ?

------------------

Alaskan rider, '00 WR400FM, WR timing, air box lid removed,Throttle stop trimmed,Baffle removed, MSR skid plate, Works frame guards.

----------------------

'00 Grizzly YFM600

ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE

WHEELCHAIR

So Ward, you are one of them :D I hate ATV's and thats how I feel. Doesn't mean I hate you, just you big fat grizzly. I won't hold it against you :D . As I said, I suport ATV riders and their right to ride. I just hate the things. I passed a dozen yesterday on my ride and waved as I passed. NONE had helmets :D . One guy was with his daughter riding double, she couldnt have been more than 5. Neither had a helmet. If I was at one of those moments where I was a likkle squirly, who knows ? . Not that that is relevent,there are bikers the are just as bad. Maby I can send all the ATV's to you :D Hey, Im getting used to this legend thing. :D:D:D:D

[This message has been edited by mike68 (edited 05-11-2001).]

Ward,

What part of Alaska are you from. My grandmother used to live in Chugiak, I think thats how you spell it. I am going to get out there one of these days. If it weren't for the dark season, I would probably live out there.

Next to riding my WR, sex, fishing, hunting and eating, my favorite thing is riding my Big Fat Grizzly and feeling the wind go through the hair on my belly and back down the crack of my *%^ as I’m guzzling beer at 60 mph with no helmet on destroying Mother earth. ?

I live in Anchorage and Chugiak is about ten miles from me. If you plan on visiting be prepared to move here, lots of people come to visit and end up staying. I’ll even let you ride my Grizzly while I’m on the WR, I guarantee you’ll have fun and change your view of ATV’s. If you lived here you’d know the advantages of having an ATV that will haul 200 lbs of Salmon from a remote river or a Moose or Bear out of the woods, can’t do that on a WR.

------------------

----------------------

'00 Grizzly YFM600

ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE

WHEELCHAIR

Yes I know I’m awful person, I own Guns and hunt. I only kill what I’m going to eat so be careful of what you say I use to have a relative named Donner. ?:D

------------------

----------------------

'00 Grizzly YFM600

ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE

WHEELCHAIR

• Like 1

What the heck are you guys talking about? I think Quads are GREAT! As soon as I get too old to ride two wheels I plan on getting four! ? P.S. I will put the loudest pipe on it I can find since I probably won't be able to hear either! :D

There. You got the flame! Hope you enjoy you radical old fart!

[This message has been edited by pmaust (edited 05-11-2001).]

The way you look at ATVs is the way many mountain bikers see dirt bike riders. For the record, I think ATVs are pretty goofy too and I hate trying to pass them on narrow singletrack at Rampart.

But I also hate riding through horsepoop on my mountain bike. The equestrian community is very powerful where I live, I would worry that if I complain, the trails would be closed to bikes to stop the complaints.

We all need to stick together. The Sierra club will pick us off one by one otherwise.