Tilamook state forest- Diamond mill, Jordan creek, Browns camp, Lyda camp RIDING

Anyone use the app Maplets? I’ll be trying it out tomorrow at jordan creek. I’m going to link radio silence back together with it. I was just wondering how accurate the map is.

Be sure to report back with snow levels

Last weekend was unridable above 2000’

• 2 weeks later...

I’d like to ride there for the first time within the next 10 days (spring break woo!). I’ll be using the Mapplets app and a backup paper map. I’ll probably be solo, is there Verizon cell service? Suggestions on a camping/staging area for an intermediate rider? I’m leaning towards Diamond Mill. Thanks!

3-25-18_0427.jpeg.34f4c19293c4e727aa969ee463744e2c.jpeg3-25-18_0430.jpeg.043f2b6e20d9a350b406215a26717e4d.jpeg
There is literally no snow free riding around DM. I went up there the Sunday in my Defender and there was snow everywhere. At sticks and stones, there was 3-4 ft. Picture is at the trail head. It will be a while before we can ride the upper trails there

Maybe I should wait a few weeks to make the trip. Thanks guys.

Hey all just checking in with everyone. I've been busy with other crap lately and tinkering around with bike.
Would love to go ride with the gang during the weekdays sometime. Usually Wednesday or Thursday is best for me.
That was a great ride in the snow at DM 2 years ago! Think it was 8 of us? Wanting to do that again sometime soon. I will return to my lurking for now [emoji55]

Got the old fire breathing dragon a new makeover. Feels really strange having no scratches on my plastics so I wanna go fix that.0329181659.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

What are the conditions in TSF now? I was thinking about taking my kids up there one of these weekends when it dries out a little.

Anyone else have kids that wants to meet up for a family ride?

Also, anybody know of any tracks on the West-side? I heard there used to be an indoor track in North Plains I think...too bad that shut down...

What are the conditions in TSF now? I was thinking about taking my kids up there one of these weekends when it dries out a little.
Anyone else have kids that wants to meet up for a family ride?
Also, anybody know of any tracks on the West-side? I heard there used to be an indoor track in North Plains I think...too bad that shut down...
TNMX is still happening yeah?
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

TNMX is still happening yeah?

That sounds like fun! Any tracks that have regular open practice sessions though? I'm not really ready to actually race competitively yet...but would be fun for my kids and me to get some track time this year...then maybe next year start racing.

That sounds like fun! Any tracks that have regular open practice sessions though? I'm not really ready to actually race competitively yet...but would be fun for my kids and me to get some track time this year...then maybe next year start racing.
Albany MX is open every Wednesday and Saturday. Gotta be someplace in the PDX area. Call Bent Lever Motosports, they'll know what's local.
  • Like 1

Albany MX in Albany and Mtn. View MX in Sandy are your best options.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rlucas1986 said:

Anyone riding TSF this coming weekend? I’d like to do diamond mill. Looking to scare a friend who just bough a KTM 450 Factory edition ?

I’ve been considering it. What’s it take to scare your friend? We can probably make it happen.

Might be racing the Monkey Butt isde on Sunday. Still undecided. 

10 hours ago, Fly Low said:

I’ve been considering it. What’s it take to scare your friend? We can probably make it happen.

Might be racing the Monkey Butt isde on Sunday. Still undecided. 

He's more of a moto guy, but we are converting him to woods. Shouldn't take much to scare him at Diamond Mill, but he can handle it. I am just not too familiar with the place still and would like to go with someone who knows the place better.
Can you make it happen Saturday morning? 8am-ish start?

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, rlucas1986 said:

Anyone riding TSF this coming weekend? I’d like to do diamond mill. Looking to scare a friend who just bough a KTM 450 Factory edition ?

Oh your just mean!LOL At least it doesn't have any exposure. When you get him used to DM you should take him to the Gifford Pinchot ? See how he likes riding on the edge of cliffs ? Just waiting for the snow to melt. I don't know DM that well but would like to hit it again soon. Some CRAZY down hill there.

31 minutes ago, ricky racer said:

Oh your just mean!LOL At least it doesn't have any exposure. When you get him used to DM you should take him to the Gifford Pinchot ? See how he likes riding on the edge of cliffs ? Just waiting for the snow to melt. I don't know DM that well but would like to hit it again soon. Some CRAZY down hill there.

Oh we've told him the tales of Gifford. Hopefully snow melts soon there. There is nothing like Giff, by far the best place I've ridden, but I've found Diamond Mill can be more challenging.

Let me know if you can make it happen on Saturday!

• Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 10:36 AM, rlucas1986 said:

He's more of a moto guy, but we are converting him to woods. Shouldn't take much to scare him at Diamond Mill, but he can handle it. I am just not too familiar with the place still and would like to go with someone who knows the place better.
Can you make it happen Saturday morning? 8am-ish start?

Hey, I'm in for Saturday. As much as I'd love to blast some desert on Sunday, it's not going to fit my schedule this weekend. Saturday at Diamond Mill it is!

Were you thinking about arriving at Diamond Mill at 8ish? Or starting the ride at 8? There are some epic loops out there for sure.

Edited by Fly Low

32 minutes ago, Fly Low said:

Hey, I'm in for Saturday. As much as I'd love to blast some desert on Sunday, it's not going to fit my schedule this weekend. Saturday at Diamond Mill it is!

Were you thinking about arriving at Diamond Mill at 8ish? Or starting the ride at 8? There are some epic loops out there for sure.

Awesome, I was thinking that I'd arrive at 8. See you then!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rlucas1986 said:

Oh we've told him the tales of Gifford. Hopefully snow melts soon there. There is nothing like Giff, by far the best place I've ridden, but I've found Diamond Mill can be more challenging.

Let me know if you can make it happen on Saturday!

Wish I could but I have much to do around the house yet so when the snow melts I'm done and ready to ride Gifford every dam weekend! Yes DM is more challenging overall cause of the epic down hill! BUT some can not get used to the extreme exposure and much longer trails of Gifford ? Did Langill last summer and that was 30 miles from truck to truck with maybe 10 on fire roads. I will post up for DM next time my schedule permits. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PICS!

• Like 1