• Announcements

• Bryan Bosch

NEW SITE FEATURE   09/19/2017

Checkout the ThumperTalk Photo Gallery! Share a single photo, create your own album, or just checkout what others have shared.
gize

TT official 2016 WR450F mods

143 posts in this topic

Pro circuit pipe spark arrestor. I didn't like the spark arrestor that the pro circuit pipe came with as it was like a quite core insert and they don't make a performance model. So I ended up getting a FMF 4.1 spark arrestor and carefully cut off the rings that hold the screen on without ruining the screen. Then found a perfect piece of 1 1/2" muffler tubing at Autozone on the shelf that got pounded in the end of the exhaust. I left a little bit of an overhang in case it needs to come out with vice grips.

Mine does not have the 'smaller' insert/spark arrestor.

Have you ridden with the steel clutch basket yet?  Results ?

Mine does not have the 'smaller' insert/spark arrestor.

Have you ridden with the steel clutch basket yet?  Results ?

The Hinson momentum clutch basket does as advertised. Acts like a larger flywheel. That's the feel I got while riding up in Kennedy Meadows last weekend.

Your pipe end should be the same as mine? This is what mine came with and Pro Circuit said that's the only one they had. image_zpsla40dilg.jpeg

If anyone does the Hinson momentum steel clutch basket, I had trouble getting the stock gear back in the basket. They say to heat the basket and freeze the gear. I did and tried to pound it in with a shot peen type of soft hammer. It didn't go and Hinson was nice enough to put it in for free they are in Upland Ca. so they weren't far. The basket and gear had grease on it and they did it in a minute, so pretty sure they pressed it in.

It might work with the freeze and heat method but I would recommend a little grease on the gear while freezing it. That might help to be sure it goes in straight.

1 person likes this

The Hinson momentum clutch basket does as advertised. Acts like a larger flywheel. That's the feel I got while riding up in Kennedy Meadows last weekend.

Your pipe end should be the same as mine? This is what mine came with and Pro Circuit said that's the only one they had. image_zpsla40dilg.jpeg

Maybe probably I don't know I'll look someday dadamit it better be better than yours that's all I can say

Maybe probably I don't know I'll look someday dadamit it better be better than yours that's all I can say

It wasn't that hard to modify. All the auto places carry 1 1/2" muffler adapter tubing. It goes from one size to another and was about 5" long. Cut It to size drill one hole in it get the FMF screen and Shazam it's done.

Hey guys got about 850 mi on my bike and just started hearing a whining noise especially when going down hill definitely seems to be coming from motor area any ideas

Hey guys got about 850 mi on my bike and just started hearing a whining noise especially when going down hill definitely seems to be coming from motor area any ideas

Likely nothing and you really need to make a separate topic post. Unless it's about a mod. to a 16' WR450.

Ya dude got a picture of her a few pages back,I'll be nice. Just started hearing it somehow don't think it's normal Maybe someone else can chime in

Right here a few more pics! A high flow air filter is in order! It would be so much cheaper if I lived in Australia! IMG_1485701861.148928.jpgIMG_1485701886.023340.jpgIMG_1485701919.042156.jpgIMG_1485701935.320068.jpgIMG_1485701954.211020.jpg

How else are you guys making these bikes street legal besides the Baka designs kit. The license plate bracket it comes with extends the rear fender so much. It just doesn't look right. I have thought about calling Baja to see if I can do a custom kit with out it since it is possible to make our brake lights function. How would I go about wiring up a license plate light that would shut off when the bike was off? Or are there any other tail lights that wouldn't require to much custom wiring?

Yeah that's rear sub frame really gets in the way! Does anyone know what the best tail tidy is too clean it up after this...

IMG_3840.JPG

31 minutes ago, leigh10111 said:

Yeah that's rear sub frame really gets in the way! Does anyone know what the best tail tidy is too clean it up after this...

IMG_3840.JPG

You really did it now.  :rolleyes: I use a stock rear fender and tail light with a Ryco rear license plate mount. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah can't  find the ryco moto products anywhere in the U.K.! I think I will go for R and G one £50 but should tidy the whole thing up! 

Thinking about Getting a set of sm pro wheels as well! Love this bike!!!

Edited by leigh10111

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, leigh10111 said:

IMG_3840.JPG

If you don't mind losing the oem rear light you can use a UFO 1220 LED rear light and reg plate holder.

You have to trim off the 3 oem light mount pegs flush under the rear fender then drill through the 2 rear most holes of the oem light mounts and it bolts up perfectly.

It does away with the big numb aditional steel fender brace and is road legal in the UK too. Costs about £30 iirc.

20160402_170246.jpg

20160402_170251.jpg

Edited by foggy3061

That looks nice does it come with indicator mounts? 

Also looking to convert to sm. 

looking at an sm pro kit for the wheels does anyone have experience with their wheels/ service? 

1 hour ago, leigh10111 said:

That looks nice does it come with indicator mounts? 

Also looking to convert to sm. 

looking at an sm pro kit for the wheels does anyone have experience with their wheels/ service? 

There aren't any specific indicator mount positions but you could drill the 2 flat sides for them.

I think SM pro are something to do with central wheels - can be temperamental to deal with. Not sure on the quality of their SM wheels though, I've only fitted talon/excel in the past.

There should be many choices in Supermoto wheels. Most of them fit as long as it's for your bike that is. The cheaper ones are heavier and don't use floating discs.