310mm Front Rotor Conversion on S Model

I have a 2006 Suzuki DRZ400 “S model” I want to swap the original front rotor (disc) for a SM Model 310mm front rotor (disc). I want to use my original front break caliper; I therefore need a caliper adapter plate to make this possible.

Can any one tell me where I can buy this caliper adapter plate to accommodate the 310mm rotor (disc) or does any one have drawings / CAD models for it ???????

Wheels_zpspmyrwk8h.jpg

Dont think anyone makes these or has ever made these so you'll have to make one yourself. I'm not aware of any CAD drawings of these floating around.

• Like 1

It's easy enough to mock up a template and then use that to fabricate a plate. Undo the caliper from the forks, install the front wheel with the large rotor, position the caliper onto the rotor where you want it and lock it into place by keeping the brake lever squeezed. From there you can take your measurements or build up a tight fitting template and then either machine your aluminum plate to copy the template or weld/braze up a suitable steel one.

• Like 1

Greenpondmoto use to make those brackets for s to sm rotors, i have one of the last batch

Goodluck finding one

8558D983-18DB-4DBF-9A46-F8E54FC9FCF6_1.j

• Like 1

Greenpondmoto use to make those brackets for s to sm rotors, i have one of the last batch

Goodluck finding one

Many Many thanks for the advice, I i've already contacted yamahzamer from Greenland Moto and he is unable to supply one at the moment :( yamahzamer 

UPDATE    310mm SM disc/rotor caliper extension bracket search    UPDATE

Having been in contact with 2 people who have historically fabricated such brackets and bought one from the other side of the world, then paid customs charges only to find it overhung the 310mm disk by 5mm, my advice would be :-

Buy a recognized, off the shelf, 320 disc/rotor and calliper extension bracket kit !!!

www.talbot-jones.com

If you can fab a bracket, the radial offset is 25mm or 0.984" (260mm vs 310mm).

edit: I need to get off the couch and make one for a 290mm GSXR rotor (Hooligan Mod).

Edited by 38super

I found this site that did the hooligan mod and they use to make brackets. They released all their info on how to do it including cad file. Just needs to find a place to have it done. If you do and decided to go that route I'm down to do a group buy. Would bring the price down a little

I found this site that did the hooligan mod and they use to make brackets. They released all their info on how to do it including cad file. Just needs to find a place to have it done. If you do and decided to go that route I'm down to do a group buy. Would bring the price down a little

If this comment is for me, I've ordered an off the shelf, 320 disc/rotor and calliper extension bracket kit !!!

Good luck however :)

If this comment is for me, I've ordered an off the shelf, 320 disc/rotor and calliper extension bracket kit !!!

Good luck however :)

love me 320 set up. 

temporary_zpsfkoa6km5.jpg

• Like 1