Mookie

Supercross

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Stewart! He's hungry, genuine, and gaining in consistency and speed. Now he has the red plate! Now he just needs to realize that he is the reason for his victory and not his older brother. I'm pulling for the guy now, should be a fun remaining season to watch.

Awesome!

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Stewart! He's hungry, genuine, and gaining in consistency and speed. Now he has the red plate! Now he just needs to realize that he is the reason for his victory and not his older brother. I'm pulling for the guy now, should be a fun remaining season to watch.

Awesome!

Big brother was the provider for the Stewart family. Malcolm had a great childhood because of his big brother. Every opportunity that has come Malcolm's way is because he is James Stewart's brother. Without big brother there is nothing. Why wouldn't he want to thank him? 

Edited by RMZ819

Big brother was the provider for the Stewart family. Malcolm had a great childhood because of his big brother. Every opportunity that has come Malcolm's way is because he is James Stewart's brother. Without big brother there is nothing. Why wouldn't he want to thank him? 

I'll go one better. If it weren't for Big James and seeing the huge opportunity that was right in front of him with his talented black son and a market that was starving for something new and diversity there would be no Stewart empire. Now before the "race" pc crowd comes rolling in to burn me at the stake I'm just being totally honest in saying that the Stewart's first big opportunity came because they were black, then James showed amazing skills and it all fell together. There is nothing wrong with that but that's how things got rolling for them like it or not.  

I'll go one better. If it weren't for Big James and seeing the huge opportunity that was right in front of him with his talented black son and a market that was starving for something new and diversity there would be no Stewart empire. Now before the "race" pc crowd comes rolling in to burn me at the stake I'm just being totally honest in saying that the Stewart's first big opportunity came because they were black, then James showed amazing skills and it all fell together. There is nothing wrong with that but that's how things got rolling for them like it or not.

perfectly said

Maybe perfectly said, but wrong.

You're implying that the Stewarts' most valuable asset is their skin color.  Yes, it's nice to have some diversity in MX, but being black doesn't make you ride fast.  Yes, they drew some interest because they were black, but they wouldn't have remained relevant unless they were fast.  James was interesting because he could compete with RC.  He could let Chad Reed pass him on purpose, just so he could show that he could pass him back.

The Stewarts' family got behind them just like a lot of the other pro motocrossers families do.  I don't see how blackness had anything to do with this either.

Vicki Golden draws some interest because she is female, but she won't get rich because of it.  Why?  Because she's slooooow (yes, she's way faster than me, but that's irrelevant).

And no, I'm not a PC leftist.  I'm just a conservative with some common sense.

Edited by Squidless

Jenny needs to ask him what its like to be a bobble head, the guy must wear a size 5XL helmet.  If she asks him that it will rank right up there with interview classics like her comment about "doing" Dungey and Musquin at the same time. :lol:

You're implying that the Stewarts' most valuable asset is their skin color. Yes, it's nice to have some diversity in MX, but being black doesn't make you ride fast. Yes, they drew some interest because they were black, but they wouldn't have remained relevant unless they were fast. James was interesting because he could compete with RC. He could let Chad Reed pass him on purpose, just so he could show that he could pass him back.

The Stewarts' family got behind them just like a lot of the other pro motocrossers families do. I don't see how blackness had anything to do with this either.

Vicki Golden draws some interest because she is female, but she won't get rich because of it. Why? Because she's slooooow (yes, she's way faster than me, but that's irrelevant).

And no, I'm not a PC leftist. I'm just a conservative with some common sense.

did you read the post I quoted lol he said that the first big break was because of his skin colour and it continued on because of James' speed. Not one person said that James successful just because of his skin colour. His skin colour helped him get to be the icon he is, he will be remembered for longer by a lot of people just because he's different than the other champions. Vicki golden is gonna be remembered for being the first women in supercross, not many people would have ever heard of her before but she got a big break because she's a women(not completely but ama seems to favour her). She just like James gets a lot of attention for being different. No one ever said James wasn't fast or a great rider but his skin colour helped in ways and got him more attention.

You're implying that the Stewarts' most valuable asset is their skin color. Yes, it's nice to have some diversity in MX, but being black doesn't make you ride fast. Yes, they drew some interest because they were black, but they wouldn't have remained relevant unless they were fast. James was interesting because he could compete with RC. He could let Chad Reed pass him on purpose, just so he could show that he could pass him back.

The Stewarts' family got behind them just like a lot of the other pro motocrossers families do. I don't see how blackness had anything to do with this either.

Vicki Golden draws some interest because she is female, but she won't get rich because of it. Why? Because she's slooooow (yes, she's way faster than me, but that's irrelevant).

And no, I'm not a PC leftist. I'm just a conservative with some common sense.

Stop viewing stuff through the lense of pc. The man makes some decent points, everything that people say needn't be analyzed through your scope. Sheesh!

Malcom for the championship!

You're implying that the Stewarts' most valuable asset is their skin color.  Yes, it's nice to have some diversity in MX, but being black doesn't make you ride fast.  Yes, they drew some interest because they were black, but they wouldn't have remained relevant unless they were fast.  James was interesting because he could compete with RC.  He could let Chad Reed pass him on purpose, just so he could show that he could pass him back.

The Stewarts' family got behind them just like a lot of the other pro motocrossers families do.  I don't see how blackness had anything to do with this either.

Vicki Golden draws some interest because she is female, but she won't get rich because of it.  Why?  Because she's slooooow (yes, she's way faster than me, but that's irrelevant).

And no, I'm not a PC leftist.  I'm just a conservative with some common sense.

Dude, you can't comprehend basic logic can you? Well let me just ask you this. If James Stewart wasn't the first black big star of SX/MX (not the first but first FAMOUS one) would he still be making huge money for doing absolutely nothing but sitting home on his ass right now? If you answer yes then you're totally full of shit. He would have been forgotten a long time ago if it weren't for who he is,.................the first BLACK SX/MX champion .........and to say otherwise is a total farce!

He is one of the most naturally gifted riders of all time but he is lazy and narcissistic which has been his downfall. As for Malcolm, the guy has been in the shadows of his brother his whole life and I'm glad to see him getting a little bit of the spotlight on him without it being headlined by "James Stewart's brother". 

I'll go one better than that.    Malcolm should be thanking the ever popular Bubba's World   :lol:     

Dude, you can't comprehend basic logic can you? Well let me just ask you this. If James Stewart wasn't the first black big star of SX/MX (not the first but first FAMOUS one) would he still be making huge money for doing absolutely nothing but sitting home on his ass right now? If you answer yes then you're totally full of shit. He would have been forgotten a long time ago if it weren't for who he is,.................the first BLACK SX/MX champion .........and to say otherwise is a total farce!

He is one of the most naturally gifted riders of all time but he is lazy and narcissistic which has been his downfall. As for Malcolm, the guy has been in the shadows of his brother his whole life and I'm glad to see him getting a little bit of the spotlight on him without it being headlined by "James Stewart's brother". 

Dude you are mistaking branding for skin color. Kim Kardashian sits on her fat ass all day long and makes huge money because of the brand. The world of brand does not care about race results or you wouldn't have "Nitro Circus" selling tickets --many in that domain think Pastrana is a champion racer.

Yep. My whiteness is the only thing that has kept me from being a household name across America as a moto star. Really! But I understand that so I'm at peace.

Edited by YHGEORGE

Dude you are mistaking branding for skin color. Kim Kardashian sits on her fat ass all day long and makes huge money because of the brand. The world of brand does not care about race results or you wouldn't have "Nitro Circus" selling tickets --many in that domain think Pastrana is a champion racer.

And how did they "brand" him on Bubba's world? A poor BLACK kid making it big in motorcycle racing! 

Yep. My whiteness is the only thing that has kept me from being a household name across America as a moto star. Really! But I understand that so I'm at peace.

I'm glad you're at peace with yourself George, I'd hate to see you have a heart attack from worry. 

Black or white, his fat ass is going back into a title. 

Can we please stop the nonsense about the race? GEEZ.

I think that his biggest test will come when he goes head to head with a heavy hitter. When Martin ran him down in Daytona it was clear his fitness wasn't on the same level. 

I don't know what he can do, probably would be best to go to Aldon, but I don't perceive there's the money for that. Does he have a ride for the MX season?

did you read the post I quoted lol he said that the first big break was because of his skin colour and it continued on because of James' speed. Not one person said that James successful just because of his skin colour. His skin colour helped him get to be the icon he is, he will be remembered for longer by a lot of people just because he's different than the other champions. Vicki golden is gonna be remembered for being the first women in supercross, not many people would have ever heard of her before but she got a big break because she's a women(not completely but ama seems to favour her). She just like James gets a lot of attention for being different. No one ever said James wasn't fast or a great rider but his skin colour helped in ways and got him more attention.

Yes, I read your post. That's why I responded.

I didn't say that his skin color didn't contribute to people's interest in him.

I do argue, though, that you are wrong that his first big break was because of his skin color.  Explain to me how this big break happened.  I always thought he was succeeding because he was fast and had a fun personality.

Honestly, I had to google Vikki Golden's name for my first post. 

Black or white, his fat ass is going back into a title.

You lost me here.

You lost me here.

Yeah me too but I just figured Bowman was cleaning his Prevost and decided to go inside for a hot toddy and had one too many. 

You lost me here.

He's probably thinking that he doesn't deserve the championship because of several reasons. I don't buy it, Martin Davalos is insuring that he will yet again get to stay in the 250 class, Hill rung his bell hard, JMart, just doesn't have the full SX package yet, neither dose Tonus, and Bowers is hurt/sick/recovering from his surgery, plus Plessinger is still developing. He was my pick for the championship, good job on second last night AP!

Hum, looks like Malcon is beating a pretty good field. I'm pulling for him, Mike Larocco IMO is an underrated manager, and Malcom seems like a decent kid. I guess we never really know though...