09 Drz400sm jetting with JD jet kit

I have full fmf exhaust powerbomb header and power core 4 pipe, also have the 3x3 mod, I live in Indiana elevation is 860.

I have the same pipe and 3x3 I have 25 pilot, blue on 3. 160 main and fuel screw 2 1/2 out. i've only done 2 quick test rides so far feels like a close starting point. It will be probably a couple weeks yet before i can get a good test in due to weather, My altitude is also 500-800 ft.

Did you put your pipe on yet? Is your power bomb chamber real close to the frame like maybe 1/16" to 1/8" clearance, mine is real close. Another nice addition is a  motion pro throttle tube for an r-1 you have to do some minor filing on the one stop on the tube but it makes it a quick turn for about $10

Edited by dirt-dude

I have the same pipe and 3x3 I have 25 pilot, blue on 3. 160 main and fuel screw 2 1/2 out. i've only done 2 quick test rides so far feels like a close starting point. It will be probably a couple weeks yet before i can get a good test in due to weather, My altitude is also 500-800 ft.

+1 temp affects jetting too (if you're talking 40f-80f). I'd start at these settings or whatever JD recommends then tape part of airbox/remove airbox panel to see what rides better and adjust accordingly

I did the same to mine today, around 0-700ft with our hottest days in summer get to 33°c. Running a full mrd procomp. Havent had a chance to run it yet:/

Did a good test ride yesterday, rode about 40 miles @ 55*F no sputters or bogs. Tested all throttle openings at various rpms and different loads, Probably the only changes i'll need to do will be fuel screw adjustments as the temps rise through summer.

Just did the 3x3 with my jd jetting kit setting you recommend along with my power bomb header and q4 pipe. It runs great now I might adjust alittle more with the screw to see if I can get a little more out of her but 2 1/2 turns out seems to run amazing