A BAD day...

...riding is STILL BETTER than a GOOD day at work!

Spent Thursday and Friday at a new-to-me place, The Stillwater 500 in Stillwater, OK.  Nice place.  Not a ton of trails there, but enough to consume two days worth if you rode everything at least once.  We didn't ride everything this trip.  It's really fast there, because they don't have a lot of rocks, and there isn't a lot of elevation changes to speak of, so it's relatively flat.  A lot of tight single track, in and out of the woods.  It would be a nice place to learn how to ride for the beginner.

In all the time that I was riding, I NEVER ONCE thought about work, or what was going on there.  ;)

It had rained some before we got there, so there were a number of larger mud puddles around, and our bikes were COATED with mud by the time that we were done.  Here's some pics of what my bike looked like when I got home.  These don't really do it any justice, though...

IMAG0478.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0482.jpg

Work completely dissolved from your head , that's always extremely nice. Riding is about the only thing that can do that for me .

Work completely dissolved from your head , that's always extremely nice. Riding is about the only thing that can do that for me .

COMPLETELY!!

I really needed a break from work for a couple of days.  Work has been a little out of the ordinary lately, to say the least, and the time that I've had to put in was above and beyond the call of duty.  While I didn't, and don't mind that, I needed a break from all of that to clear my head.  I can't clear my head, even if I'm at home, and not at work.  I have to get away, and do something...

Hey Cadman, Good luck getting the red stain out of your plastic. LOL

Edited by Orange Crush 500

Hey Cadman, Good luck getting the red stain out of your plastic. LOL

Actually, I should take a picture of it after it's washed.  It actually came out!  I was surprised.  I have one spot on the right side that I couldn't get totally out.  I'm assuming that's because the exhaust "baked" that side on.  Other that that, it all came out nicely!  I did soak it for a while before I started actually washing it.

That IS some nasty dirt, though!!!  ;)

I should also add that this is the EXACT kind of riding that the Rekluse LOVES!, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Rekluse.

You can call it whatever you want:  sloppy/crappy/inexperienced rider, but it definitely allows ME to be a faster rider.  I can fly into a corner, slam on the rear brakes, and not have to remember to pull in the clutch.  Like I've said in the past, I have a hard enough time concentrating on where I'm going and figuring out how much gas it takes to get there, let alone worrying about pulling in the clutch, so that I don't kill the engine.  It is also more forgiving when I forget to downshift out of a corner as well, since the engine doesn't just want to bog immediately.  The engine just spools up over the clutch slipping a little bit, and I keep on going.  Maybe all of this automatically makes me a "bad" rider, I don't know, nor do I care. 

I can't imagine ever owning another dirt bike WITHOUT a Rekluse... 

I'M HOOKED!!!   :thumbsup:   

:ride:

Edited by cadman_ks

I still have the red stains from when I rode parts of the Oklahoma Adventure trail last fall....I but don't really care.

I don't see dirt as much as I see good times.....your bike literally had good times all over it :thumbsup:

I don't see dirt as much as I see good times.....your bike literally had good times all over it :thumbsup:

Yeah, buddy!!! :thumbsup:

Here is the after, with a good bath. Cleaned up pretty well...

1458493023677.jpg