best enduro 125 for occasional MX?

Enduro bikes typically have softer suspension and a steeper fork angle than a MX bike, that I know.

Springs can be changed but not the head angle.

Mostly thinking of the TM, Husky, Gas Gas, but would consider any brand.

What is your opinion?

hey man, I said which "enduro" bike, which excludes pure MX bikes like the YZ. An enduro bike has a headlight.

hey man, I said which "enduro" bike, which excludes pure MX bikes like the YZ. An enduro bike has a headlight.

Here in the United States there aren't any 125 enduro bikes (that I know of) so you'd need someone from your country to answer. We only have 125 mx bikes (at least the most recent models)
  • Like 1

There is such an option available in the USA & Canada: the Husqvarna TE125

link: http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/ca/enduro/2-stroke/te-125/

(IIRC, TT forum member clappedoutkx has purchased one recently).

Reviews have mentioned it has just about the broadest powerband of any 125 ever made, plus a very healthy 38hp.

That's 4hp more than a stock YZ125, not bad for a 'tamer' enduro engine.

(considering the YZ125's engine design is also 10+ years older as well)

Suspension settings perhaps a tad soft for serious MX racing but otherwise would likely do just fine for occasional recreational MX'ing.

KTM's Ecuador website shows a KTM125EXC and 125 EXC Six Days available in the south americas,

likely mechanicaly very similar to the Husqvarna TE125 but with a PDS suspension versus a linkage.

I'd say the TE's linkage suspension would be preferable for occasional MX'ing rather than the PDS.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Yes,

TM, Gas Gas, Sherco, Beta, Husqy/KTM are sold in Canada & the USA,

but not all of their 'worldwide' models are offered,

small bore 2-stroke enduro bikes aren't very popular as are 250/300 2T's in this region and probably not worth introducing to the marketing I guess.

Unfortunately the KTM150XC was also taken off the north american market a few years ago.

The TE125 and KTM200XC-W are about the only small 2-stroke enduro bikes on the market here.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1