09 ktm 250sxf kickstart

I know there are a lot of post about the kickstart bolt breaking and it's because the splines get a little wore and let the kickstart have play and the bolt breaks eventually. I'm planning on replacing the kickstart shaft but was wondering do I need to replace the kickstart also or will those splines be ok to reuse it? Thanks in advance

I know there are a lot of post about the kickstart bolt breaking and it's because the splines get a little wore and let the kickstart have play and the bolt breaks eventually. I'm planning on replacing the kickstart shaft but was wondering do I need to replace the kickstart also or will those splines be ok to reuse it? Thanks in advance

On my bike the aluminum splines on the kickstart actually stripped completely out, didn't do any damage to the shaft, put a new kickstart on and put another 100hrs no issues

My splines on both don't look real bad but I'm afraid they may be wore on the kickstart. Im wanting to fix it the right way and not have to worry about any more bolts breaking but I don't want to have to buy the lever if I don't have to lol. I'll inspect it more and see if the kickstart is wore. Thanks for the reply!