BYOB 16 Models almost sold out

BETA-GIRL_MG_7315_small.jpg

All but 5 of the 14 '16 models are currently not available for BYOB due to dealer demand. There may be another build run in Italy of 300's TBD. If you want one you need to go dealer direct or get a deposit on the '17's.

2-Strokes (none) 

n X-Trainer
n 250RR
n 300RR
n 250 Race Edition
n 300 Race Edition

4-Strokes (5 models)

y 350RR
n 390RR
y 430RR
n 480RR

y 350 Race Edition
n 430 Race Edition
n 480 Race Edition

y 430RS Dual Sport
y 500RS Dual Sport

http://www.betausa.com/content/welcome-byob

evoproduction.jpg

• Like 3

So you're saying there may be another build run of MY '16 300's due to high demand?  I'm seriously interested, as I've been away from dirt bikes for the last 4 years (playing with the RZRs). Beta seems like a really well made machine.  I was almost sold on the new Yammie YZFX 450 or WR 450, but haven't pulled the trigger.  Went to Moab last week on the RZR and saw a ton of KTM's and Beta's.  Beta's looked awesome.  I'm not a pumpkin fan.  If that Yammie YZ 250x came with a light setup I'd be all over it, but alas it's not an option.  Anyway, I'm looking at either waiting for the '17s or picking up a '16 430 RR, but I think I'd rather have a 2 stroke....

Edited by Butta
  • Like 1

I am not a dealer, but someone who is posted this recently. Steve MotoXgiant from afterhourscyle.com will probably chime in soon. There is still inventory at the dealers, but due to the limited quantity the BYOB option has been curtailed on most models.

I think the most interesting thing is that these bikes are already in short supply at the warehouse very early in the model year long before the '17's are due let alone even been announced. Beta is a small manufacturer who has to make the most of their limited resources, so it is a juggling act for them. The good new is they are profitable on what they commit to bringing in and don't have to give back profits earned in the form of rebates or dealer incentives to move out the leftover bikes. The bad news is dealers get no floor plan assistance and pay for the bikes up front and don't seem to get any assistance with leftovers. As a result there are likely more pre-sold dealer orders and BYOB's than almost any other brand and less bikes on showroom floors as speculative inventory. That is all the more impressive when you realize that rider's are committing to next years models often before any word is out on the reviews of the new year model changes like the new fuel injection, oil injection and closed cartridge Sachs.

• Like 1

The XT has been in a perpetual state of no-BYOB since about a month after release in '14. I know I can work with a dealer to get whatever farkles I want at delivery, but I want that personalized plate. Sure, it's an illogical desire, but this will be my first new bike and I really want cherry on top to make it feel more special.

• Like 1

Beta is in an enviable (but difficult) position. They didn't get to 100+ years old by being bad at business, so I'm going to trust they know what they're doing.

From the outside it would look like they need to blow out the back wall of the factory and add line space, or else convince their team to work 2x10 every day.

The reception given the oil injection was a total shock to me, but I wouldn't have guessed chrome wheels would sell on  cars as well as they did either. Still, think about what you know about Beta - the bikes seldom have the newest technology but are usually very highly developed. Most guys don't buy bikes the way teenage girls choose nail colors ... find a 2016 in dealer's inventory (we've got only one 300 Race Edition and a 350 Race Edition left) or put a deposit down on a 2017 and expect that you're going to get a very solid, well developed bike and be happy and surprised when your dealer calls and says you can pick it up.

The other Italian option is to spring for an incredibly sexy TM ...

Edited by motoxgiant
  • Like 4

OOHH BOY!! The TM!! Freeking work of art thats a pure bred racing machine!! Kids on TM 100's are smoking the big bikes at Glenn Helen.

2016 300 Race Edition ready to go at Airhead Sales 541 882-3572

Beta is in an enviable (but difficult) position. They didn't get to 100+ years old by being bad at business, so I'm going to trust they know what they're doing.

From the outside it would look like they need to blow out the back wall of the factory and add line space, or else convince their team to work 2x10 every day.

The reception given the oil injection was a total shock to me, but I wouldn't have guessed chrome wheels would sell on  cars as well as they did either. Still, think about what you know about Beta - the bikes seldom have the newest technology but are usually very highly developed. Most guys don't buy bikes the way teenage girls choose nail colors ... find a 2016 in dealer's inventory (we've got only one 300 Race Edition and a 350 Race Edition left) or put a deposit down on a 2017 and expect that you're going to get a very solid, well developed bike and be happy and surprised when your dealer calls and says you can pick it up.

The other Italian option is to spring for an incredibly sexy TM ...

fantic is prettier if they still do them 

1452839x600x440_FFFFFF_E.jpg

This is a Fantic. Not quite the sexy thing they were before GasGas took a powder.

• Like 2

2012 my favorite year 

fantic_2_3749.jpg

Fantic_Engine.jpg?05ee34

gasgas motor right?..different frame..are they still making these? Gasgas is back.. look beautiful too.. I like red.. I'd still take Beta 2 stroke first but still gasgas are great bikes..say a pretty close second... but Beta is awesome.. best 300 to me.. These come in 200 estart models too besides 250 and 300.

https://www.facebook.com/gasgasmotos.us

940899_1227790287255681_5849842416755894

TM is beautiful too but if I wanted a more radical aggressive bike I could just go with yamaha or ktm sx etc or even any japanese older mx 2 strokes redone. TM is a high quality bike ..hand made and gorgeous.. but Beta right now still smokes it overall. No estart for TM and Beta is just so versatile ..and now it's easier to get aftermarket etc.. if needed.. and of course there is sherco.. beautiful great bikes.. but stupid to me with no option of kick start.. got the estart part right but no kicker is lame to me.. still it's a well made bike from whatever feedback.. Beta still wins across the board for 2 stroke offroad enduro bikes.. but all bikes are wonderful.. great and wonderful.. luv em all.

125-MX-1.jpg

2015-2T.jpg

• Like 1

BETA-GIRL_MG_7315_small.jpg

But the Beta models are really the most beautiful of all!!! :thumbsup: Ahh if I was younger and still in play!!! 

..but the bike? Nothing is nicer or works better to me than one of these..

IMG_1116.jpg

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

Thanks for all the eye candy guys. If the Beta's are sold out and you want to spend money on an Italian 2 wheeler here's another choice:

IMS2014.45.JPG

• Like 2