Vapor speedo for cr250?

I'm confused on how it would work on my 2001 cr250. It says it will definitely fit but how does it all work? Like the rpm gauge and the power?

I'm confused on how it would work on my 2001 cr250. It says it will definitely fit but how does it all work? Like the rpm gauge and the power?

Well, I have the Voyager, but should be a similar setup. The rpm's are read off of the coil/spark plug wire, the speedo is read either by gps or a pickup on a rotor bolt and a sensor, and on mine anyway I have to charge externally through their wall charger.

Well, I have the Voyager, but should be a similar setup. The rpm's are read off of the coil/spark plug wire, the speedo is read either by gps or a pickup on a rotor bolt and a sensor, and on mine anyway I have to charge externally through their wall charger.

Do i have to cut the outer coating and wrap the rpm wire around it and then electrical tape it all up?

Do i have to cut the outer coating and wrap the rpm wire around it and then electrical tape it all up?

No, you just wrap it around. Let me see if I can find my instructions and get a picture

No, you just wrap it around. Let me see if I can find my instructions and get a picture

oh okay, how do i charge the vapor, or does it charge itself..?

I have a vector on my YZ250 which is the same thing but without a tachometer.  It has its own battery, a 2032 wafer type that usually lasts 1 1/2-2 years.  If you have a bike with a battery, you can power it with that.  There is a sensor to be mounted near the front brake rotor that is triggered by a magnet that is either glued to the rotor or takes the place of one of the rotor bolts.