The TE125 Thread

It looks like there are a few TE125s on the forum so I thought it might be a good idea to have one central thread to discuss the bike. Feel free to post up some pics of your bike and what aftermarket parts you are running.

Here is mine.

IMG_20160219_122059705edit_zpspjpq70ep.j

IMG_20160224_173147317_HDRedit-3_zpsx2op

The bottom picture is how it currently sits.

Parts I've added are:

Kenda Equilibrium

Rear Tubliss insert and running 5 psi in the tire

Dirt Tricks 52t Sprocket

Cycra Handguards

Bullet Proof Rad Guards

Emperor Racing Skid Plate

Emperor Racing Linkage Guard

Husqvarna Factory Graphics

I've got Fastway Footpegs and a P3 Carbon Pipe Guard on order.

• Like 1

Nice TE! Just bought a 15 TE 125. Should be a fun experiment. I'm 6'1" and 225 with gear so will be interested to see what it can do in the woods. Looking forward to the light weight! At 6k to me it's a lot of bike at a fair price. Dealer is springing the suspension for my weight.

Not a TE but a 2015 TC 125 that I set up for woods riding. I sold my KTM 300xc-w for it. Most of what I ride is tight woods. I love how light it is.

Added:

Enduro Engineering bark busters

Enduro Engineering spark arrestor cap

Enduro Engineering clutch master cylinder protector

GPR steering stabilzier

20160304_170748_resized.jpg

Edited by GIXXERKELLY
  • Like 1

Nice TE! Just bought a 15 TE 125. Should be a fun experiment. I'm 6'1" and 225 with gear so will be interested to see what it can do in the woods. Looking forward to the light weight! At 6k to me it's a lot of bike at a fair price. Dealer is springing the suspension for my weight.

I'm sure you will have a blast! Price was certainly a nice bonus to the bike.

My other bikes are a KTM 640 and a 280 trials bike so it took a bit to get used to revving out so much. Now that I'm getting the hang of it I couldn't be happier with the bike.

Not a TE but a 2015 TC 125 that I set up for woods riding. I sold my KTM 300xc-w for it. Most of what I ride is tight woods. I love how light it is.

Added:

Enduro Engineering bark busters

Enduro Engineering spark arrestor cap

Enduro Engineering clutch master cylinder protector

GPR steering stabilzier

Nice. I'll have to look into that spark arrestor. I'm not sure if the TE has one or not.

The 300s are the most popular engine in my area. They are a good engine but I'm really enjoying wringing out the little bike in the tight stuff too.

I just ordered the FMF Q quiet silencer with spark arrestor. I had the 300xc but I always felt the power got me in trouble more and the weight and vibrations of the bike made me tired and then the crashes started...:). Just looking to have fun and this TE125 should do the trick. 

• Like 1

Nechako what you think of the front fork? In Dirt Bike magazine they said it actually work really well being that the bike is so light. Even said it seemed plush. 

How about the stock jetting? Hows the TE run? Thanks!

Oh also having Flexx bars installed. I figure that should help with the trail hack. Love the Flexx bars on my YFZ450R atv. Really saves your wrists! 

Nechako saw on a Cafe Husky post you are running the 52 rear sprocket. How do you like it. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Nechako what you think of the front fork? In Dirt Bike magazine they said it actually work really well being that the bike is so light. Even said it seemed plush. 

How about the stock jetting? Hows the TE run? Thanks!

I'm quite happy with the fork. I started with the soft settings from the manual and adjusted from there. I think it behaves well and I've got no complaints so far. When it comes time to have a rebuild done I'll have it set up by one of the local suspension shops and see how it compares.

Stock jetting is also pretty good for my elevation (around 1800ft).

Nechako saw on a Cafe Husky post you are running the 52 rear sprocket. How do you like it. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Yep, I'm running the Dirt Tricks 52T. I really like how it gave me the slight bit of grunt I needed to stay in 2nd and 3rd more often. I found that the stock gearing made 2nd a bit too high for my terrain and 1st too low to maintain speed in the rough sections. 1st is now tractor gear.

To get an idea of my riding area here is a video made by another rider. I tend to seek out the faster singletrack on the mtn but it is all pretty gnarly.

Clearance between the swingarm and the slightly larger Kenda Equilibrium was a concern but flipping the axle blocks compensated perfectly for the 2T increase.

Edited by Nechako

With the stock jetting and considering it's also jetted for a 60:1 premix ratio,

how 'foul resistant' is the TE125 in super slow conditions ?

Also, in the terrain shown in the video,

what is the average fuel range / running time with the stock tank capacity ?

With the stock jetting and considering it's also jetted for a 60:1 premix ratio,

I'm running Opti2 at 70:1 and while it feels a bit rich if I'm not revving the bike, I haven't had to change a plug. I'll be trying 80:1 on my next batch of mix.

I don't track exact fuel usage but it will last all day with no problem. I usually ride for an afternoon and do 30-40km on average. The fuel level in the tank is usually sitting half way up the side to a bit over.

Thanks for answering my questions Nechako! Like the video. She does some quality video work. Trails look nasty. I heard once you get used to the lightness of the 125 its hard to want to ride anything else.

I'm running 32:1 right now with formula K2 and its spooge city with a Turbinecore 2. The jetting "feels" good, so perhaps 32:1 is simply too much for the bike and my riding style. I intend to play with other needles, such as the Suzuki ones. No fouled plugs so far, but I did change it at 15hrs since I was doing a compression test.

I plan on doing a plug chop, but I just moved out of state, and haven't found a good place for it yet. I've just been using the manual's suggestions for the main. It seems to be about right, maybe one size rich. I am using a prefilter and a spark arrestor, so it would make sense that I am a bit rich with the settings in the manual.

I guesstimate I get 1-1.5 hours per gallon at race pace out of the bike. I've only hit reserve once so far.

My mods include:

Twin Air dustcover

Turbinecore spark arrestor

Twisted Engineering bars and barkbusters

Tubliss

Carbon pipe guard

Low seat assembly

Steel sprockets

Clicker adjustments

Air screw adjusting

A few hundred miles

I can't stop riding this bike.

Edited by clappedoutkx

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459091103.781851.jpg

My mods include:

Twin Air dustcover

Turbinecore spark arrestor

Twisted Engineering bars and barkbusters

Tubliss

Carbon pipe guard

Low seat assembly

Steel sprockets

Clicker adjustments

Air screw adjusting

A few hundred miles

I can't stop riding this bike.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1459091146.134014.jpg

Did the Turbinecore spark arrestor make any difference in noise. I called FMF today and they told me the stock silencer is quieter than anything they sell. Was surprised to hear that. Also what gearing are you running. 13/50 or did you go up 13/51 or 13/52? Thanks 

I think the Turbinecore is a bit louder than stock, but unfortunately I need the spark arrestor. I'm thinking about swapping on a Q. Stock is nice and quiet for sure.

I'm running 13/50, although I tried 14/52 today. I think maybe 13/49 or 48 might be perfect.

I did a plug chop today; the mainjet settings in the book are correct even with a prefilter and Turbinecore 2. The needle is a bit rich.

Edit: today I burned almost exactly one gallon per hour at race pace in deep sandy two track.

Edited by clappedoutkx
  • Like 1

I think the Turbinecore is a bit louder than stock, but unfortunately I need the spark arrestor. I'm thinking about swapping on a Q. Stock is nice and quiet for sure.

I'm running 13/50, although I tried 14/52 today. I think maybe 13/49 or 48 might be perfect.

I did a plug chop today; the mainjet settings in the book are correct even with a prefilter and Turbinecore 2. The needle is a bit rich.

Edit: today I burned almost exactly one gallon per hour at race pace in deep sandy two track.

Thanks for the response! I think theres is no hiding or muffling the sound of a 125 -swarm of bees! 

That sounds like some fun riding! Everything in TN is rock and more rock. I can see you wanting a little more out of your gearing. I may try 13/51 and see if its a good compromise. I would thing that the sand riding you are pretty much pinned wfo!

Has anyone played with needles yet? The needle is kinda my weakness on jetting, just because it is so subjective. I'm thinking about trying a NEDH, currently using N1EG.

I'm actually happy with the power characteristics, and I don't normally recommend changing jetting just for spooge if you are happy with power and response, but the sheer amount of spooge is beyond the acceptable amount, and probably means there is plenty of room for improvement on the needle, particularly the lower throttle areas.

My airscrew is adjusted properly each ride and I swap pilots and mains as called for.