Rmz 250 problems starting?

I just bought an rmz 250 2005 today went up bike was great started first kick was driving great then I came home and went riding and after about ten minutes I noticed a bolt on top of the head was rung and letting oil out constantly so I replaced the bolt and stopped the leaking and went back out and the bike just stopped on me after around 20 minutes.will not start on the kick atal now and when it starts from a push it's very loud and constantly backfiring and I can hear a noise coming around or below the head like a rattling!! Any help would be greatly appreciated?

I just bought an rmz 250 2005 today went up bike was great started first kick was driving great then I came home and went riding and after about ten minutes I noticed a bolt on top of the head was rung and letting oil out constantly so I replaced the bolt and stopped the leaking and went back out and the bike just stopped on me after around 20 minutes.will not start on the kick atal now and when it starts from a push it's very loud and constantly backfiring and I can hear a noise coming around or below the head like a rattling!! Any help would be greatly appreciated?

]I just bought an rmz 250 2005 today went up bike was great started first kick was driving great then I came home and went riding and after about ten minutes I noticed a bolt on top of the head was rung and letting oil out constantly so I replaced the bolt and stopped the leaking and went back out and the bike just stopped on me after around 20 minutes.will not start on the kick atal now and when it starts from a push it's very loud and constantly backfiring and I can hear a noise coming around or below the head like a rattling!! Any help would be greatly appreciated?

1458507722755.jpg

]I just bought an rmz 250 2005 today went up bike was great started first kick was driving great then I came home and went riding and after about ten minutes I noticed a bolt on top of the head was rung and letting oil out constantly so I replaced the bolt and stopped the leaking and went back out and the bike just stopped on me after around 20 minutes.will not start on the kick atal now and when it starts from a push it's very loud and constantly backfiring and I can hear a noise coming around or below the head like a rattling!! Any help would be greatly appreciated?

do you have a picture of the bolt? there's not a lot to go on here..

• Like 1

I can't get one at the minute il get a picture later.it was one of the flat Allen key head bolts on top of the rocker cover but I replaced the bolt and stopped the leaking and then it ran for about another 20 minutes and stopped. Then when I started it on the jump it wouldn't idle and was backfiring far to much and it won't start on the kick now

Whenever I got it started and it was backfiring like crazy I could hear like a small rattling it was hard to tell over the backfires I was thinking it was something to do with the timing

The rattling did sound like it was in around the valves

without hearing/seeing the first thought was valves.. if timing is off or the valves aren't adjusted properly you could be getting valve slap.. won't know until you look though.. plus it's the least intrusive option.

Management has merged all your posts from all over the forum made willy-nilly into one thread to clean up your mess. Please refrain from making the identical posts everywhere. It is against the TOS.

Valve seats, I lean on that. The only bolts up top are valve cover bolts, if it gets loose sure oil is right underneath it. It'll leak. You need to get the head off. It's nothing you'll find with the valve cover off. Nothing rattles without seizing the motor pretty much. That's why I say valve seat