Which fork spring to use?

I ride a 2010 300XC and I am 140 pounds without gear. I ride a mixture of trails / single track and a little bit of motocross. My fork springs are currently .44 which is stock. Using the Racetech spring rate calculator it says for trails/enduro to use a .40 and for motocross use a .42. Will either of these make much of a difference from stock? If so, what would be best to suit both types of riding? I was thinking I should just split the difference and go with the .42 but not sure if it will make enough difference to even matter. Just wanted to get some advice. Thanks for the assist.

• 2 weeks later...

I ride a 2010 300XC and I am 140 pounds without gear. I ride a mixture of trails / single track and a little bit of motocross. My fork springs are currently .44 which is stock. Using the Racetech spring rate calculator it says for trails/enduro to use a .40 and for motocross use a .42. Will either of these make much of a difference from stock? If so, what would be best to suit both types of riding? I was thinking I should just split the difference and go with the .42 but not sure if it will make enough difference to even matter. Just wanted to get some advice. Thanks for the assist.

Get the .40's, if too soft run a .40 and .44 in each leg for an overall .42 spring rate.