YZ 250 clutch issues

Just fully rebuilt yz250 engine with all new kg clutch kit, with new steels and fibers, new Barnett clutch basket and wiseco clutch hub.

The bike is fine in neutral, but when put in first gear, it seems like it won't go into gear all the way. I have adjusted the cable, but it still makes his awful bucking when put into gear. Any advice?

It's a 2005 yz250 btw

Did you soak the fibers in oil over night before install? Did you get the thrust washer in place between the inner hub and basket...and there is supposed to be a washer on top of the throwout bearing underneath the spring plate.

Those are possibles to consider that may or may not cause what is going on.

Did you soak the fibers in oil over night before install? Did you get the thrust washer in place between the inner hub and basket...and there is supposed to be a washer on top of the throwout bearing underneath the spring plate.

Those are possibles to consider that may or may not cause what is going on.

Thanks for the reply. I was careful to make sure that everything was installed correctly. I guess I can check and make sure the washer isn't missing from the throwout bearing. I have a clutch cable that has both adjusters at the perch.

Just to share an update. I took the bike to the mechanics at gforce powersports in Denver and they took the clutch pack apart, and simply re-installed everything and now the bike runs great again!!!!

I think the clutch plates might have been stuck together. I soaked them overnight and let the bike warm up good before attempting to put it in gear. Either way it was a weird, and glad to have the bike ride able again.